• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lump on chin

I’m very pleased how flat her abscess is now . However all that’s left now is under her skin is a little hard ball which moves around . So I’m unsure if this is normal at the end of the abscess situation or if it’s another fatty lump which she has multiple of already. But it seems an odd situation if it’s 2 problems at once .

Does anyone know if this is normal towards the end .

Attachments

• IMG_8460.webp
    IMG_8460.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 2
Peppers scar is flat with no lump under it.

It could be scar tissue or it could still be a pocket of pus. Is she due another check up? I’d get it checked out as if you leave any infection in there it will come back.

Peppers scar is flat with no lump under it.

It could be scar tissue or it could still be a pocket of pus. Is she due another check up? I’d get it checked out as if you leave any infection in there it will come back.
Yeah she is due it next Monday but might get her in this week. Could it be an enlarged lympth node because of her fighting this infection? Because it doesn’t seem related to the abscess to me but who knows .

Has she finishes the antibiotics? If so I’d get her in sooner. If she’s still on them you could wait until Monday.

The lump has closed up nearly . I’ve tried so hard to keep it open for the past week . Is it normal for it to have closed up . I’ve been opening it x2 daily . was it meant to stay open until it’s completely gone ? Will the Antibiotics still work ?

The lump has closed up nearly . I’ve tried so hard to keep it open for the past week . Is it normal for it to have closed up . I’ve been opening it x2 daily . was it meant to stay open until it’s completely gone ? Will the Antibiotics still work ?

The skin will be constantly trying to heal and close up hence the importance of keeping it open and flushing it. The antibiotics will work but if there is still a pocket of infection left and the hole closes then the abscess can come back. It’s best to check in with your vet to check on the healing process

I managed to keep peppers wound open for 10 days and he was also on antibiotics for 6 weeks.

I managed to keep peppers wound open for 10 days and he was also on antibiotics for 6 weeks.

Did peppers lump go completely before the wound closed up or did the antibiotics finish the rest off ?

I have managed for 7 days but I don’t think I can keep it open anymore which is really stressing me. I think it’s because it was a small incision to begin with .

I do still have a fair amount of antibiotics left . I keep thinking there’s not a lot but the bottle is going down so slowly.

I just don’t know if It’s a big deal that it’s closed up if I can still carry on with the antibiocits .the wound is a kidney bean size now and moveable .

It was a few years ago so I can’t remember exactly. There definitely wasn’t a lump but he had his abscess drained under anaesthetic and stitched open. So I had stitches there too and his incision was quite big.

Don’t stress about it closing up. Just keep giving the antibiotics until her next vet appointment. I understand how stressful it is. You are doing a great job ❤️

It was a few years ago so I can’t remember exactly. There definitely wasn’t a lump but he had his abscess drained under anaesthetic and stitched open. So I had stitches there too and his incision was quite big.

Don’t stress about it closing up. Just keep giving the antibiotics until her next vet appointment. I understand how stressful it is. You are doing a great job ❤️

oh okay thank you ! I’m just unsure whether to book her in for Friday or Monday . Because she has enough antibiotics, her last dose will be Saturday I think. I just wanna know what this lump is ahaha it’s driving me insane . But it could also go down with the rest of the antibiotics who knows

I think I’m stressed about it closing up because the vet said if it don’t work she may need an operation . But it has basically gone all the way down apart from this last bit which idk what it is. i just don’t wanna put her through an op

Honey had an appointment today(my mum took her) The lump under her skin that’s left over , the vet said it’s scar tissue and the abscess capsule . If it comes back in the next 10 days then will need operating on so now I’m stressed because apparently it’s a risky op as it’s on her neck. If the capsule is there is it going to definetlyy come back? :(

Honey had an appointment today(my mum took her) The lump under her skin that’s left over , the vet said it’s scar tissue and the abscess capsule . If it comes back in the next 10 days then will need operating on so now I’m stressed because apparently it’s a risky op as it’s on her neck. If the capsule is there is it going to definetlyy come back? :(
Hopefully it won’t come back but you just can’t tell. My piggy had his 4cm abscess cut open and then stitched open. His was under his chin on his neck too. He recovered fine from the operation. It was the antibiotics that stopped his appetite so he was syringe fed for 8 weeks. Good luck.

Hopefully it won’t come back but you just can’t tell. My piggy had his 4cm abscess cut open and then stitched open. His was under his chin on his neck too. He recovered fine from the operation. It was the antibiotics that stopped his appetite so he was syringe fed for 8 weeks. Good luck.
The vet said he is really pleased with how fast it’s gone down and doesn’t think it’s infected anymore so hasn’t given me anymore antibiotics. All I can do now is monitor it .

Yeah I’m lucky honeys appetite has been completely fine with the antibiotics and it’s been easy to give her the nasty Baytril.

She has been spayed before and has been completely okay with GA but no operation is nice to put your piggy through .

Back