• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Lost both bottom incisors

Well she’s still eating and drinking. She still sits puffy and gets puffy quite a bit.

Her pops are still very soft. I’ve been giving probiotic but maybe I should be giving her some more. I have more on the way. I know bloat can last for however long but the soft poos stick around until it’s over with?

My vet sent me a script for cisapride so I can send it to a pharmacy that has it since I’m a few hours away from my vet now.

Does this dosage look about right for cisapride?

Attachments

• 98B40A6A-1EBA-4630-A61E-98256227000F.webp
    98B40A6A-1EBA-4630-A61E-98256227000F.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 2
I also got her out tonight to let her roam around to get her moving and noticed she is a little wobbly. Not terribly bad but she does fall a bit occasionally. She was chewing on this cardboard box and fell over.

Her belly is soft to the touch which what I don’t understand. I could feel gas bubbles when massaging her belly so that’s why I thought bloat as all the symptoms added up. Her belly seems to be lower to the ground? I could be imagining it. Can gas/bloat cause them to move around differently?

Sorry for so many posts. I gave her a bit of a belly massage and put her back on the floor and she isn’t as wobbly now. It was very slight when I got her out the first time but I’m just not sure why.

She did pass a poo that was not as soft as what they have been recently.

She still has diarrhea. It is not getting better. She has been on probiotics and some cardboard on her oxbow cupcake she’s been eating.

I am starting to wonder if metoclopromide could cause diarrhea or make soft poops worse to where it turns into diarrhea? She was getting .4 every 12 hours but I gave her .3 last time. I might cut it down to .2 next time. I’m scared to not give it to her at all.

She still sits and sleeps hunched and very puffy. She eats and drinks still. She will beg and squeak at me. I recorded her earlier squeaking while on my lap, it was very sweet. ❤️ it is clear that whatever it is, is definitely still bothering her or causing her pain/discomfort.

She also still stumbles and is a bit wobbly when out. She walks okay. It’s not she can’t walk good at all. Sometimes her back feet kind of drug a bit but never full on dragging them and that was only for a second and then she would walk fine. She sometimes stumbles too. I have no idea what would be causing it. She doesn’t stumble constantly and doesn’t walk in circles.

So far her symptoms are
-puffy, sitting hunched & puffy. In pain
-diarrhea (metoclopromide possibly making it worse)
-stumbling/losing balance
-gas bubbles( haven’t felt any for a day or so though)
-belly looks like it’s lower to the ground/hangs lower but could be imagining it.
-spine feels more pronounced.

I’m really sorry I can’t help with any advice. 😕

Does your vet have any further advice?

I am an anxious mess here.

So update: had an X-ray and it showed quite a bit of fluid in her abdomen. She said she isn’t sure what it’s from. Also seems that there is a bladder stone as well.

Did an ultra sound and said looks there is a mass on her liver and that is where the fluid is coming from. That is also probably why she is in pain and uncomfortable.

She said they can put her on some medications to help get rid of the fluid and help her liver function better but there’s nothing really to be done.

She is still eating and drinking. She isn’t walking the best though with her back legs and is sometimes stumbling.

I would appreciate any advice or similar stories from anyone. This vet doesn’t seem incredibly knowledgeable. That’s why I don’t know if she seen something wrong. She brought me in there for the ultrasound but I just don’t know what to do.

Medication can get rid of fluid in her abdomen? They also wanna put her on another liver medication but she only has some for dogs and cats and is trying to get it compounded. I’ve never heard of these meds before but I’ve never dealt with liver issues before. I’m looking for any response please. I am not doing great :/

I am picking up furosemide to help get rid of the fluid in her abdomen. Hopefully it helps.

Also she’s trying to research milk thistle for a liver supplement but not heard anything back.

Sorry your piggy is poorly and has so much to deal with. I can't give any advice unfortunately, though I do know that Furosemide is a diuretic ( usually given to reduce water in the chest area in heart piggies, but it seems to work elsewhere too). I hope one of the experts may be able to help @Wiebke @VickiA @furryfriends (TEAS) x

Sorry your piggy is poorly and has so much to deal with. I can't give any advice unfortunately, though I do know that Furosemide is a diuretic ( usually given to reduce water in the chest area in heart piggies, but it seems to work elsewhere too). I hope one of the experts may be able to help @Wiebke @VickiA @furryfriends (TEAS) x
Thank you. The vet said it’s basically just to make her comfortable. She has quite a bit of fluid in her abdomen so it’s to help get all of that out hopefully.

Almost recommended milk thistle for a liver supplement

I’m so sorry she has had this diagnosis. I hope the medication will help and she has lots more happy days with you.

Back