Lettuce shortage?

I've had a good few lettuce substitutions recently but I've noticed it for bagged salad more. I generally order butterhead, I'll occasionally get iceberg (which gets sent back, but it's a decent looking lettuce when it arrives), or gem, but bagged mixed salad is harder to find.

The coriander is very hit and miss at the moment, too.

I usually order 3 of the small herb bags of coriander. They didn't have it yesterday, so they sent three huge bunches of it instead. I had to send one back, they might disagree with me but there's no way the two of them could eat that much coriander even if they didn't eat anything else for a week.

I'm finding peppers aren't brilliant either. Out of everything I usually buy, it's only cucumber which seems ok. Why can't the grass grow quicker...

I usually order 3 of the small herb bags of coriander. They didn't have it yesterday, so they sent three huge bunches of it instead. I had to send one back, they might disagree with me but there's no way the two of them could eat that much coriander even if they didn't eat anything else for a week.
I think someone underestimates the power of the guinea pig 😂

I'm still finding quality is hit and miss, even from Sainsbury's. I've given up on Sainsbury's home delivery herbs and salad, at least if I go to Aldi I can inspect it before I pay rather than find out it's rubbish after the driver has gone.

Every week I rely on my asda order for my own but especially my piggies supplies (I do not drive and live in the countryside, not even 1 shop nearby). I ordered 2 romaine lettuce and never tick the substitute box as I can guarantee I get something bizarre in place. Anyways no lettuce arrived so I got into a panic and placed another order for the very next day in hopes it would arrive this time. I ordered 2 romaine lettuce and 3 round lettuce just incase. I ended up with the lot this time, so was overrun with it. Better too much than not enough I say 🤣. The piggies seemed to be happy about it so all was well lol.

Every week I rely on my asda order for my own but especially my piggies supplies (I do not drive and live in the countryside, not even 1 shop nearby). I ordered 2 romaine lettuce and never tick the substitute box as I can guarantee I get something bizarre in place. Anyways no lettuce arrived so I got into a panic and placed another order for the very next day in hopes it would arrive this time. I ordered 2 romaine lettuce and 3 round lettuce just incase. I ended up with the lot this time, so was overrun with it. Better too much than not enough I say 🤣. The piggies seemed to be happy about it so all was well lol.

If it makes you feel any better I've a tendency to overbuy too. Rochdale's not exactly rural but I don't drive, so I get a delivery once a week and I overbuy so even if something's unavailable or gets subbed out for something unsuitable, which happens, or if some of it goes off quicker than it should, which also happens, I've enough for the week ready to go.

I might be able to wait a couple of days without a bag of crisps (allegedly, anyway) but I refuse to get caught out with no lettuce. It's not worth the aggro from the next room :))

Ha ha, I'm exactly the same! I order more variety just incase other things don't arrive. In all honesty, the waste at the end of the week is shocking 😬. But yer I agree it's better to get more to avoid the aggro from 2 very hungry and demanding little piggies 🤣!

Back