• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Just a few questions.

• Thread starter Thread starter Nina
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Theres been more blood today i rang the vet and he's going in monday for ultrasound and x-ray. Theres still some traces of new blood coming out still and we noticed it about 12pm in the afternoon today.

Do you think this will be bad if it continues throughout the rest of the night? It doesn't seem to be clearing up. We are four days into his 7 day treatment of anti inflammatories and antibiotics. Do you think its alright to leave him to just bleed? its not alot of blood just like droplets on the hay

actually i looked under the paper and there was quite a bit.

I don't really want to make a comparison but the amount of blood is like.... If my guinea pig were on his period if he had a cycle. Sorry to be so out there lol.

Do you think he will be alright for the night then vets tomorrow?

Thanks for all your help i really appreciate it.

Do not worry too much Nina,he should be o.k.Gps seem to be able to lose a fair amount of blood with no ill effect.

Hi, thanks alot for your reply,

Yeah i rang my local emergency vets which happenes to be the RVC lol, they said to keep an eye on him overnight and take him to my vets in the morning. As there is nothing they can really do except put him on a drip and monitor him and that would cost me about £200 ?

Just shows how insanely in love with our guinea pigs we all are, willing to do loads for them. Did anyone know there was insurance for guinea pigs i didn't even know that and if no one else did is at exotics direct or something. weird.

Re Insurance, the best piggy insurance went out of business a few years ago now, my rescue pigs and my own were insured with them, I'm not aware of any that are worth doing now, they're all very expensive and 'per pig', everyone knows we have more than one :)

lol well for two guinea pigs at exotics direct it is £161 a year which i think isn't really steep but it only covers vet bills up to £2000, i dunno if thats good. i hate all this insurance and stuff. It confuses me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back