Is this hay good enough?

It’s not very soft but it’s also full of dried flowers & leaves.
Mine love it and burrow happily into the piles.
I bought some a few years back and the piggies seemed to like it but not ordered since.I ordered 20kg today of meadow hay from an independent seller on Amazon.It was £18.99 and I'm hoping they'll like it(it gets mostly positive reviews).They normally get the Timothy from timothyhay.co.uk but I thought I'd try something different.

Love these reviews, I also use timothyhay.co.uk but I buy their orchard grass, we have been on it for about 2 years and I’d say Almost every box has been identical in quality!

I strayed away last month and bought the new hay box orchard hay (only because it comes in a 5kg which is better for us than the 8.5kg) the boys didn’t seem to love it, we looked after piglet and percy when we had it and they didn’t love it either and to top it off we think it brought biscuit beetles with it!

Natures own also do a sweet green which is a lovely hay to mix in with their standard stuff!

It’s not very soft but it’s also full of dried flowers & leaves.
Mine love it and burrow happily into the piles.
If you order 4.5 or 9.5 kg does it come in one box? We found with the Little Hay Co 10kg came in one huge box which was very hard to store and handle.

I ordered the 4.5 bag of hay and it came in a bag rather than a box.
As I had also ordered a couple of other hays, both 2.5 kg a label would have been helpful.
That’s my only criticism.
The hay all seems really nice and , most importantly, the piggies love it.

Just ordered 4.5. Thank you a bag maybe easier to store, if not I can always save a box next time we get one.

Lovely reviews from the piggies, thank you!
We always return to natures own for our meadow hay, its turned into our go too.
I do mix it up with a box from elsewhere which I get from different places, depending on how we are all feeling budget wise. We are just finishing a box of orchard hay from Healthy Herby, but they are ”temporarily closed”.

We buy a 2kg bag of meadow hay, which the boys absolutely ADORE, for £2.60 from our local petshop and also a Natures Own Timothy Rich 5 a day, which is £3.15 for a 1kg bag, which I personally like more, as it is really green and smells so sweet, but the boys don't like it as much as the meadow hay, for some reason! :hmm:

The boys are all enjoying the Hay & Straw Co Timothy and Rye mix. Thanks @Merab's Slave for mentioning it. Some of the strands are incredibly long, just watched Bertie struggling to pull his neighbours (name not decided yet) hay into his cage!
Glad they’re enjoying it.
I think I will need to order more now I know how popular it is.

After a week or so on new hay, the scream machines unanimously approved of the new hay and are even leaving good reviews regarding the orchard hay. In fact, some appear to prefer it! Long may it continue.

Quick question about the 15kg option; is that all in one box? I liked how haybox split theirs across 3 boxes making it easier for me to move around as it didn't impact my joints as much. The 10kg was a struggle, so I worry about the 15kg.

After a week or so on new hay, the scream machines unanimously approved of the new hay and are even leaving good reviews regarding the orchard hay. In fact, some appear to prefer it! Long may it continue.

Quick question about the 15kg option; is that all in one box? I liked how haybox split theirs across 3 boxes making it easier for me to move around as it didn't impact my joints as much. The 10kg was a struggle, so I worry about the 15kg.

Do I mean from happy hay?
if so, then yes it is one box

Back