Is Fleece Smellier Than Woodshavings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never smelt my boars you know. When I walk in their bedroom, the only thing I can ever smell is hay and it's not a horrible smell.. Unless I'm so used to their smelliness that my nose has become immune haha. But I have asked people before (who I know would tell me the truth) if they smell and everyone has said they don't
Omg you are so lucky! I think boars must vary a lot in stinkiness!

First trial has begun today! My sister drove me to B&M Stores today and I got 100 puppy pads. Hopefully I can get over to my friend's house soon to get the spare vetbed. I'm banned from driving for one week at least while using pupil dilating eye drops. I see the eye doc next week so hopefully he'll let me drive and I can go visit my friend. I'll post updates on the trials when I have given both a try.

Just read this post and was going to suggest puppy pads under your liners too. My boys are quite stinky at times. I also have liners from ziggies piggies. I read somewhere that you shouldn't use too much detergent when washing fleece bedding as it can build up on the liners and stop the fleece from wicking the moisture/pee through. Also I use dettol laundry cleanser on my liners it seems to lift out all smells. I found an air freshener pump spray that eliminates odours and is pet safe it was in b&m too and helps with the smells. Good luck. (Will post a pic of airfreshener in a while)

image.webp I find this is good at removing smells in the piggie room as sometimes you can't leave the window open. (I don't spray it over the cage just in the room) the red one is cherry and the green apple. It's not like a strong cherry smell but smells quite nice. Think it's only £1.99 or something.

Weak one of puppy pad trial: it has been somewhat successful. The smell isn't completely away but it's not as bad as on fleece. The advantage I've discovered is that I can start out the week with the fleece liners and then puppy pads on top then as the week goes on and the puppy pads are a bit stinky I remove them. Then the piggies can be on the fleece, but just 3 days. At three days the smell on fleece is not great so time to wash. But, it does mean I have cut my piggy laundry down so that is definitely a win! My friend decided to bring the vetbed to me since I can't drive right now because of my eyes. I haven't tried it yet. It seems to have a very thick pile. Very fluffy. I need to cut it to size for the piggies' cage which isn't going to happen just yet. Too much stress with trying to bring my fiancée to Scotland from America so we can get married. Immigration is a nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back