I'm Going To The Pet Shop Today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Fleece it is then. I went to the pet shop again. No piggies in either pet shop BUT I stroked a bunny, then as soon as I got out of the shop, my eyes were puffy and I was sneezing everywhere. I wasn't like that with the little boar I stroked on Friday, SO I can assume I'm not as allergic (if allergic at all) to guinea pigs as I am to rabbits...is their coat really different?

Setback guys. I went into the independent pet shop today and felt really ill afterwards, there were no guineas, but there were gerbils, rabbits, hamsters and mice in there, I didn't stroke/hold any but my throat dried up and my chest really tightened. Was it the dust? The urine? The hay? The sawdust? All the animals looked really clean so I have no idea...

It could be anything. I am allergic to cats and rabbits and horses very badly although my furry noses on my pigs sets me off a little. however their wee and claws set me put in hives. The only real way to tell is allergy tests. Hay -any kind sets me off ddepends on what your body is sensitive too if you take antihistamines one a day it will build up in your body and make you less sensitive aalso after spending more and more time with my pigs I am noticing that I am slower to react :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back