Hot weather Dilemma 🔥

I don't know anything about the air conditioning and stuff but I do know that in my house, we have like a screen "door" for every window. They are there to keep animals and bugs from flying in when the window is left open but they are not there to prevent people from falling out of the window. A window screen "door" might help with your worries of a predator coming through the window. They look like screen doors but your can't open them.

We dont consistently have the hot weather in the UK to really need it. We will get the odd few days where it'll be around 30-35 degrees but that's all.

That’s good! It doesn’t USUALLY get super hot where I live either, but of course our central air had to take a 💩 the night before our hottest day so far. We literally had a heat advisory yesterday, and I don’t think I’ve ever even seen that here in New York. I was panicking all day yesterday worrying about my boys. They were so used to having it nice and cool in here that I didn’t know how they’d handle the heat. I had the window closed, curtains down, a sheet over the window, a damp towel over part of the cage with a fan on them. I was using the frozen water bottles, but they were melting and getting warm too fast. I was wiping them down with a cool cloth and changing their water every few hours. I eventually found an AC for the window in our room and went out and got it and came back and put it in right away, and by the time I came back with it and got it set up, I could tell they were officially getting hot. It had me so upset. I worry about them so much, I’d never want them to experience so much as even a minor discomfort yet overheating or anything. 😥

I don't know anything about the air conditioning and stuff but I do know that in my house, we have like a screen "door" for every window. They are there to keep animals and bugs from flying in when the window is left open but they are not there to prevent people from falling out of the window. A window screen "door" might help with your worries of a predator coming through the window. They look like screen doors but your can't open them.
Thank you that sounds like a good idea will look into it. ❤️🥰

@Wiebke - I'm definitely going to try the damp sheet on the closed window trick when it gets hot again, thanks for sharing! Do you find yourself changing the sheet multiple times during the day? Or does it tend to last most of the day?

@Wiebke - I'm definitely going to try the damp sheet on the closed window trick when it gets hot again, thanks for sharing! Do you find yourself changing the sheet multiple times during the day? Or does it tend to last most of the day?

It works really well! I've had to re-soak the sheet a few times a day

Back