• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

HELP :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with both Lucinda and Niki i too have unfortunately had to deal with many many abscess SIGH, but i was really concerned when i saw the pics as this is just like what Duke has had on many occassions. Please get another opinion just for your peace of mind.
Good luck love :)

Lucinda and Nicky,

I agree with you,it does look like an abcess,and swollen glands are normally bi-lateral not just on one side.Also the swelling seems to me from the pic.that it is sited a bit low for a salivery gland.I too was wondering about the cream,but Vicky seemed happy with the vet so I did not like to say anything.

I think you should consider going back, as I think its an abcess to be honest, as has been said, a lot of vets arent that clued up on piggies :(

It looks very much like my Polly's abscess, that just needed lots of draining and flushing. Hers looked like she'd swallowed a golf ball.

Lancing does not seem to cause pain,maybe a bit of discomfort.,they seem to dislike the back flushing more than the lancing,but again,this is just uncomfortable,not painful.

Hiya, i havnt heard from or seen vicky today. but if she is on msn later, ill get her to reply to you :)

Piggys getting better now :)
Rubbing cream on her is defo making it better, and it helps the skinn grow back on the bald bits.
Its not an absess, thers nothing in it, it feels just like liquid, no lumps or anything.

Shes eating and drinking as normal :)
So shes gettin better, its not an absess, i think a vet would be able to tell if it was.

Thanks for everyones help :)
x

vixter_92 said:
Piggys getting better now :)
Rubbing cream on her is defo making it better, and it helps the skinn grow back on the bald bits.
Its not an absess, thers nothing in it, it feels just like liquid, no lumps or anything.

Shes eating and drinking as normal :)
So shes gettin better, its not an absess, i think a vet would be able to tell if it was.

Thanks for everyones help :)
x

Glad to hear she's on the mend O0

Everyone is so thoughful and kind on this site.

Thanks again everyoneeeeeeeeeeee! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Yep pigs is on the mend now, i think I'm her best friend, she fell asleep on my shoulder last nite, it was so cute :D
the lumps practically gone now, its just like stretched skin hangin down, however, it does slightly come back after she eats, but massaging does actually make it go completley, so i do think its a salivary gland, aparently my grandad had the sme problem.
But thers still a bold patch, but its growin back with help from the cream!

I'll keep you posteddddddd :D
And thanks Tommm!
Your a herooo

:D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's great news. I didn't mean to frighten you. It was just that it did look very much like something worse :)

Thanks for your opinion tho :)
But if anythin happens shes goin strate back to my normal vet, cus i had to go to the emergency one.
xxxxxx

I'm sooo pleased it's not an abscess O0
Good luck i hope your little one's recovery is really quick, sending healing wheeks from us :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back