• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help! Crumbs doesn't look right =(

• Thread starter Thread starter PeppaPunk
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. All your good luck has paid off ;)

They could not find anything physically wrong with him, except the fact that he isn't eating. They said that they could either keep him, to keep an eye or I could take him home and he could have meds for prevention treatment (as there was nothing to find to cure) and to be syringe fed.

So I took him home and now hes on my bedroom floor in a soft puppy bed 0:)

We took home with us:

Septrin
Nurofen
Metatone
4 syringes
Chinchilla pellets

It looks like he will be ok O0

I don't get though why chinchilla pellets? Other guinea pig dry pellets work too. Sorry not meaning to be rude and questioning but I just thought that they were totally different, as in chinchilla's diets are different?

A good basic mix for a syringing mash is equal parts chinchilla grass pellets & mashed potato - this was advised by the CCT. These pellets are just grass pellets so it makes no difference, apart from that they are easier to mash. 0:)

and why nurofen if metatone was given for pain relief, nice to know chinchilla pellets are ok for them , I bet he looks cute in the dog bed any chance of piccys ? hope he improves through the night :-*

Hes only having metatone for a few days and nurofen for the rest of the days x

:smitten: 0:)

Well, last night went ok. He spent all night in the dog bed :-\ He didn't move once. xx0
He had a nice warm breakfast and had all his meds.

We think he is anorexic as there is no physical sign of illness, just lack of eating and interest in anything.

I've changed his "bed sheet" (fleece blanket on top of the doggy bed), and there were just two (very oddly shaped) piggy poops. The fleece smelled very strongly of urine.

I hope I'm doing the right thing :(
x 0:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back