• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help! Crumbs doesn't look right =(

• Thread starter Thread starter PeppaPunk
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PeppaPunk

Hey
I went to feed the piggies this morning, to find everyone happy and healthy, except Crumbs!

He had his eyes half shut, his fur fluffed up and when I went to pick him up he didn't run away (which is weird cos hes very scatty) He has discharge from the eyes and his nose has gone a bit bald. He also had a few wet (saliva?) patches on his back and hinds.

Hes sitting on my lap on a blanket at the moment. And hes not moving alot :(

Can anyone help?
x

oh honey I'm not sure what it could be as I've never had this happen before. Keep him real warm. Is he eatting? Drinking?

He drinks quite alot, but doesn't eat alot.

He has always been a bit of a weird piggie. I think he was an inbred (slightly deformed as he walks funny) maybe his insides are slightly different?

Maybe.. or he just doesn't have that big of an appetite. My pigs don't like fresh veggies very much.. 98)

Just keep him warm - you might phone an emergency vet and tell them his symptoms?

We are gonna go to Castle Cavies hopefully, if they reply to my text x

This doesnt sound too good.... :-\

Maybe a URI? Sounds like hes dehydrated....you really need to get him to a vet asap....has he lost any weight? :-\

Oh I blame myself. Because he normally doesn't look right anyway (because of his breeding) I missed the early signs.

We are going to Chris and Titch at 2 o'clock.
x

Dont blame yourself, from the piggies I have, its hard to notice if they are ill until they are laid out ::) :(

Good luck! I hope it all turns out okay O0

Thankyou. Hes resting on my lap at the moment. He will remain under my supervision until we can take him 0:)

Awwww I really hope hes going to be okay, we have had too many poorly piggies recently! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I know :(

*sigh* We are trying to nip this in the bud so he doesn't have Sugars fate... We took her to the vet too late xx0

Oh and he also smells a bit niffy, :o don't know if that would be linked to anything :-\

Yikes! That smell is NOT good! Where's it coming from? His mouth? Sounds like an infection.. >.< I've always hated that smell because you know something's seriously wrong.. What about his feet?

I think its the boar smell but he has it ALL THE TIME :-\

SO yeah its coming from his lower regions x

Heh, Yeah. He still smells after his bath though. :-\

What does "infection" smell like?

Lu and Crumbs x

Not sure, I'll leave it for my cavy people to determine at 2pm.

=( he looks so angelic on my lap 0:) :(

Love can i suggest a few feeds of mushed up pellets and baby food or some recovery or CC straight away, it will really help.
If the pong is from the mouth it's usually toofie problems :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: or related.
BTW i've heard such brilliant things about these girls, i know of other people who've used them and said they really know what they're doing and if they can help they will :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: and they just loooove piggies :smitten: :smitten:
Crossing our paws for you, mmmm 2pm that'll be 11pm here if i don't reply tonight please excuse me i will check out your thread if not tonight tomorrow morning my time O0 :smitten:

Ok I will see what I can do about the feeds =] :smitten:

Yeah Chris and Titch are AMAZING, they saved Peppas life when she had an unfortunate pregnancy and a very difficult birth.

Thankyoo Glynis for your support and I will be looking forward to your posts tomorow :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hope all goes well at the appt. @ 2p.m.. let us know. Sending hugs and piggy kisses your way! Hang in there Crumbs! How far away is2pm where you are?

About 2 and half hours away :o :(

They also live quite far away so we have to travel about an hour x

Yipes! Well good luck to you! please please let us know how it goes!

Much love,
kay

Thankyooo :D

Well i am off to watch TV with my piggie. I'm gonna have him in my little doggy bed on the floor.

I'll update later x 0:)

I hope so much its something that can be dealt ,with after losing Merlin in such an horrific way yesterday, I have to admit I'm slightly paranoid all 29 pigs were checked last night finally got hold of duke for his check hes fine just a nut case,
any smell apart from boar smell needs seeing to does the smell come from his mouth or his back end,? if mouth its probably teeth if rear end its more likely a wee infection,
will check on her after 4 for an update fingers crossed all will be well fight hard crumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back