Heating for Guinea pigs

Leb66

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi does anyone know of any wireless heaters available (battery powered ones)? My guinea pigs are currently in the shed and it’s getting so cold I want to keep them warm. But I’ve had a good look on Amazon and every heater I can see requires plugging in to a socket. Our shed unfortunately doesn’t have electricity.
Can anyone recommend a battery powered heater (if such a thing exsists)? Or some other way to supply heating?

Snugglesafes are a necessity for outdoor piggies. You heat them up in a microwave and then pop them in their cage (and/or in hides) to provide them somewhere warm to sit. They stay warm for up to 10 hours but I find it slightly less outside (mine are also in a shed) and more like 6-8 hours depending on the temperature of the shed.

Make sure your hutches are stuffed with lots of hay for insulation.

I have seen you have mentioned c&c cages and fleece liners in other threads - although this may have been when they lived indoors - I should point out that fleece bedding must not be used outside. It won’t dry properly when it’s cold and then exposes the piggies to damp bedding.

Also, is your shed insulated?

Back