Heat Pad tip

Gemlou81

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all, thought this might be of interest...
I went to Pets at Home today to buy another Snugglesafe heat pad. I got it off a shelf in the small animal shelf where it was marked as £22. I took it to the till and the lovely young guy that served me told me that they have the exact same product in the cat aisle for less money! He went and got me one and it was £14! It's exactly the same (brand, size etc), the only difference is that the cardboard sleeve has a photo of a cat on it. Thought it might be handy to know in case other PaH staff aren't so forthcoming.

That was nice of them! I have seen some pet heat pads in B&M for £5.... I dont know how good they are as I dont need one as mine are inside but not a bad price if they work.

Yes, I have had the same there too. I was ordering online though and went for the cheaper one thinking it might be a bit smaller - very naughty of them. Mine had a picture of a cat and dog on it. Quite a saving! I thought they were different, but I don’t think they are.

Hi all, thought this might be of interest...
I went to Pets at Home today to buy another Snugglesafe heat pad. I got it off a shelf in the small animal shelf where it was marked as £22. I took it to the till and the lovely young guy that served me told me that they have the exact same product in the cat aisle for less money! He went and got me one and it was £14! It's exactly the same (brand, size etc), the only difference is that the cardboard sleeve has a photo of a cat on it. Thought it might be handy to know in case other PaH staff aren't so forthcoming.
I noticed that too! I did my research online before going into the store. Found the one, like you said in the cat section for £14, pictures of a cat, a dog and a ferret on it. Then in the small animal section the same looking heat pad for £22! This one having a rabbit, guinea pig and a ferret on it. If you look at the description online it says the £14 pad is 21 x 21 x 3cm and the £22 one is 22 x 22 x 2.5cm.

I only bought one initially (not my local Pets at Home) but my pigs loved it so much I went to my local store the next day to buy a second one. They only had the £22 item so I asked a member of staff for the cat and dog one showing him the pic on my phone. He led me straight to the one in the small animal section. I said thanks but no, this one is £22! He said well they are the same item. I said EXACTLY 🤷🏻‍♀️. But they aren't the same in that you sell one for £14 and one for £22! 😩

So I drove 10 miles to the store I originally went to. I've also found guinea pig (grooming) brushes to be more expensive than the same item that's just a bit bigger in the dog section. The bristles have been exactly the same. Same brand too. Very unfair us pig owners seem to pay a premium for piggy products 😡

I had a similar experience with fake plants for reptiles. There were ones exactly the same in the fish section but for over half the price! Amazing how the packaging that gets thrown away makes such a price difference 😅

Back