HayDay company

My December order took ages to arrive. Payment taken on Monday - usually in my garage by Wednesday. This time it wasn’t dispatched until Friday but did arrive on the Saturday - without any warning. Thankfully we were at home
Like you, my HayBox order arrived today without me receiving any despatch or delivery info. It arrived at 8pm.

Hay Box sends via DPD, right? My hay delivery notifications come via DPD (emails and texts) and not Happy Hay themselves.

I got half my Haybox order yesterday. I’m hoping the rest comes today. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I ordered a small box of soft Timothy from haybox on Monday(yes I knew it was a bank holiday) to be delivered to OH at work thinking it would arrive by Thursday….. still nothing not even a dispatch email. I have been in touch & no reply.
Think it’s time for different treat hay. ☹️
Despite a slow introduction I think the Timothyhay.co.uk soft hay gave Hamish soft poos. Going to try again in a week or so & see how we get on.

I stopped using Haybox earlier last year - awful condition of the hay and it arrived damaged and they refused to replace it.
I use The Little Hay Company - lovely people and wonderful fresh hay that fluffs up, is eaten and smells lovely - no dust or odd things on it.

I'm going to try Little Hay Timothy next. I almost did it last year but the price of postage on top of the hay made it very expensive but if it's good and of consistent quality then it will be worth it.

I'm going to try Little Hay Timothy next. I almost did it last year but the price of postage on top of the hay made it very expensive but if it's good and of consistent quality then it will be worth it.
I think all hay of quality is expensive but if you know it’s good and itll be eaten it’s worth it.

I think I've had Little Hay Co's timothy (from Wiebke, because the Tribe weren't fussed) and they loved it. The only reason I didn't buy another box myself was DPD were the courier and it was back when I kept having trouble with them.

I think all hay of quality is expensive but if you know it’s good and itll be eaten it’s worth it.
Unfortunately a lot of hay of poor quality is expensive too! I've bought far too of it. Hay Box was my go to for timothy hay for years until it went very bad and I gave up my subscription. I've not found a good bulk buy timothy since. My boys love the Burgess long stem bags but they cost a fortune and last my 6 boys about 2 days

Unfortunately a lot of hay of poor quality is expensive too! I've bought far too of it. Hay Box was my go to for timothy hay for years until it went very bad and I gave up my subscription. I've not found a good bulk buy timothy since. My boys love the Burgess long stem bags but they cost a fortune and last my 6 boys about 2 days

Agreed. The goblins love the Excel boxed timothy but the price is what had me in the end. I was paying almost as much for a 4.5kg box and delivery as I am now getting a 10kg box (and delivery) from Happy Hay. The only upside was being able to avoid a DPD delivery for several months.

I think I've had Little Hay Co's timothy (from Wiebke, because the Tribe weren't fussed) and they loved it. The only reason I didn't buy another box myself was DPD were the courier and it was back when I kept having trouble with them.
I've got a feeling it's very stalky which your boys love, mine like a few thick stalks but then won't eat it. DPD have gone back to being good here so I don't mind them. The Friendly Farmers use them too.

I've got a feeling it's very stalky which your boys love, mine like a few thick stalks but then won't eat it. DPD have gone back to being good here so I don't mind them. The Friendly Farmers use them too.

Yeah my local depot's been great for a while now, thankfully. It's been about 15 months so I'm not 100% but I seem to remember the stalkiness is why I went "yup they'll eat that" at half a second's glance lol.

I've been getting the Burgess bags in P at H for £6 because I didn't want to be worrying about deliveries over Christmas/New Year. I may end up just getting one of those occasionally as a treat and sticking with their favourite meadow hay for most of the time. It will save the hassle of deliveries, storing boxes and giving tons of hay away.

Hubby bought this a couple of weeks ago. The monsters love it but we are only giving them as treats coz it's quite expensive. 😂 They do have Oxbow Orchard and Timothy Hay also mixed with the meadow hay. Next month I'll buy the Nature's Own meadow hay to try for them. Hopefully they would like it coz that would be a lot cheaper than buying Haybox.

20240106_163221.jpg

Okay, so I bought the Nature's Own Meadow Hay just before we went on our holiday last month. I opened and gave it to the piggies yesterday. They ate it at first. But after some time, they started going back to the Haybox meadow hay and Oxbow blended hay. I cleaned their cage yesterday and replaced all the hay with Nature's own, they didn't eat it overnight and this morning as well. They nibbled some but not enough to say they liked it. I had to give them the Haybox again. 🤦‍♀️

Oh well, looks like I'll be sticking to Haybox. My monsters don't want me saving some money. 🤦‍♀️:td: I would save like half of the cost I pay to Haybox if the piggies liked the Nature's Own. This is the 2nd time I tried them with other brand and they always prefer the Haybox. 😑 I'll mix the Nature's Own I bought with the Haybox just so it won't really be wasted. I still have a 5kg bag of Haybox meadow hay so I don't need to order in for another 3 weeks or so.

Back