HayDay company

Spaniel

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the hay from this company? Just came across them for the first time. They do a sample of meadow and timothy hay that fits through the letterbox so I’ve ordered it to see what Perry and Lola think :)

I’ve just ordered the trial box too as I’m looking for another supplier.

Got our sample box today. It has two perforated holes that you’re meant to remove so the pets can eat from the box. No way I’m doing that because the box was sent as is so could have had anything on it and been touched by who knows how many people! One corner was slightly open too.

Anyway, the samples are a handful each. Not very much but both seem nice quality. Perry and Lola both went straight for the timothy which is great because it’s a new meadow I need more!

I think I will probably try the bigger sizes to see what they’re like :)

Still waiting for ours. Glad they seem to like it.
I’ve sent them my feedback on the box so I’ll see how they respond. I was polite, just said I thought it would be in another box or parcel if it’s meant to be given to the pets. Ours had a fragrance smell on it from whoever had handled it 🤢

Yes I agree. You just don’t know what’s happened to it along the way.

Yes I agree. You just don’t know what’s happened to it along the way.
Exactly. I’ve had various things spilled on deliveries - some kind of essential oil and even petrol :(

Usually it’s the dreaded fragrance though that covers most parcels we receive. Horrible.

Everything is so expensive now. Two, I’d say medium sized, handfuls of hay for £4.49. Crazy really but I bet they don’t make anything on them after the box and delivery cost.

Cute pictures :love::love:

The company thanked me for my feedback. They were polite but couldn’t resist telling me they’ve had no-one say it before! I always feel like that’s implying the customer is the problem. Might be the case as not many other people seem to worry as much as we do about these things :mal:

Cute pictures :love::love:

The company thanked me for my feedback. They were polite but couldn’t resist telling me they’ve had no-one say it before! I always feel like that’s implying the customer is the problem. Might be the case as not many other people seem to worry as much as we do about these things :mal:

At least you said what you felt and they heard it.

Not sure yet. Haybox my usual supplier said out of stock over Xmas but they have stock now. Also haybox soft hay was awful last time. I think I’m going to give them one more try. If things don’t improve I’ll try HayDay.

How about you?

Not sure yet. Haybox my usual supplier said out of stock over Xmas but they have stock now. Also haybox soft hay was awful last time. I think I’m going to give them one more try. If things don’t improve I’ll try HayDay.

How about you?
I probably will at some point. Still got some HayBox meadow hay to use up but it’s very chopped now and quite dusty so I do want to find a new supplier. Lola has been sneezing a bit too much on it. I’ll update if I try it, post a pic etc :)

Gosh it's even more expensive that HayBox. £47.99 for three 4.5kg boxes. I am currently paying around£34 for three 5kg boxes from Haybox. However, i am a bit annoyed at the moment as Haybox have taken payment for my January order but have not dispatched it. I tried calling them but they have a 'technical issue' with their landline. :hmm:

Yes it is expensive. That’s mainly why I’m sticking with haybox for a bit longer.

Gosh it's even more expensive that HayBox. £47.99 for three 4.5kg boxes. I am currently paying around£34 for three 5kg boxes from Haybox. However, i am a bit annoyed at the moment as Haybox have taken payment for my January order but have not dispatched it. I tried calling them but they have a 'technical issue' with their landline. :hmm:
Don’t want to answer calls more like.

Is your order for 15kg? That is showing as out of stock on the website at the moment. Makes no sense as they’re done in 3x5kgs.

HayDay is too expensive for us as the main hay as we go through so much but might be nice now and then to mix in.

Also been with Haybox for years but just got to our first with the changing packaging and haven't got good impressions. It's a lot more chopped up and when I was opening the plastic packet I could feel an effect on my breathing... I don't have any respiratory issues but my partner and my piggies do. Looks like I will have to look elsewhere. Shame as it was good before.. green and long stalks! Not lots of little bits like it seems to be now :(

Also been with Haybox for years but just got to our first with the changing packaging and haven't got good impressions. It's a lot more chopped up and when I was opening the plastic packet I could feel an effect on my breathing... I don't have any respiratory issues but my partner and my piggies do. Looks like I will have to look elsewhere. Shame as it was good before.. green and long stalks! Not lots of little bits like it seems to be now :(
It’s really not good at all now. Chopped up and so dusty. We’re coughing and Lola is sneezing too much on it. That’s after opening outside, shaking and transferring into boxes. It doesn’t fluff up either, just falls flat and lots is unusable due to being short crumbs and dust. It’s quite brown too. Such a shame :(

I had a delivery of Timothy hay today from The Friendly Farmers. 15kg, £24.50 including postage, delivered by DPD in one large cardboard box. Ordered Wednesday, dispatched yesterday arrived today! It's very stalky timothy, not very green and not a lot of seed heads. The seed heads are a disappointment as some of my boys love them. Obviously not a bedding hay I use Natures Own meadow for their boxes and paper bags but they are excitedly eating it, not sure if I will buy again yet, will need to use it for a few weeks to make sure they still eat it well but it's not a complete disaster like some I've tried them with. Hopefully the neighbours rabbits will miss out this time!

I really like The Friendly Farmers company. They seem nice, the price is good, the deliveries come quickly in strong cardboard boxes that are well sealed. We used them a few times last year for meadow hay. It was lovely and soft, a lovely colour but it had quite a few sticks in it (those sharp ones, not sure what they are) so we stopped ordering. Anyway, used them again recently and this time there are no sticks in there, it’s soft and fluffy for bedding but it’s not the best colour but still ok to chop other hays into. We use a lot for the hay area so it’s good for us. The bale is in a box and the bale in slices so easy to take one slice at a time to transfer to another box. What is great is that it’s not dusty at all. It’s the least dusty one we’ve tried. Here’s a pic of the recent batch.

64D88AA9-888C-40CE-AEFA-174234975138.webp

Attachments

• A07913EB-6ECC-423A-8367-86F0A0D2DF31.webp
    A07913EB-6ECC-423A-8367-86F0A0D2DF31.webp
    219.7 KB · Views: 3
This is the Box Full Of Hay meadow. It’s more a feeding hay, long strands, not very soft but very green, low dust. More green than the picture picks up.

Attachments

• 9BF3AA91-E972-4AAB-869A-EC54B2E36197.webp
    9BF3AA91-E972-4AAB-869A-EC54B2E36197.webp
    161.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 6E89E78E-B01E-4388-8F40-0754FD238D13.webp
    6E89E78E-B01E-4388-8F40-0754FD238D13.webp
    181.7 KB · Views: 3
  • E8C7D987-891D-4A5A-B34F-2C0A387FA89A.webp
    E8C7D987-891D-4A5A-B34F-2C0A387FA89A.webp
    186.3 KB · Views: 4
My December order took ages to arrive. Payment taken on Monday - usually in my garage by Wednesday. This time it wasn’t dispatched until Friday but did arrive on the Saturday - without any warning. Thankfully we were at home

Back