Handvac For Piggy Poops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florrieberry

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As I've just started using fleece in my newly extended upper floors, I'm finding it takes a while to brush /shovel or hand pick up the poops before work. Has anybody found a handvac that copes efficiently with poops please?

My friend was saying yesterday that he uses ones on his fleece for the poops. I've never tried it but he said he'll keep an eye out for a cheap one for me as he says it's brilliant.

I've been doing the same - handpicking and brushing. I use my regular vacuum with a special head to vaccum hairs/hay off the fleece and that works really well. Are handvacs normally noisy? I need to remove my boys as the noise of the normal vac scares them to bits :/

I've been doing the same - handpicking and brushing. I use my regular vacuum with a special head to vaccum hairs/hay off the fleece and that works really well. Are handvacs normally noisy? I need to remove my boys as the noise of the normal vac scares them to bits :/
Mine aren't bothered about the big noisy hoover... ... However of you hiccup unexpectedly.... (roll eyes.)

I've been lucky. Mt eldest son purchased a new dyson hand held stick thingy. Anyway he gave me his old dyson works a treat. Picks up poops gets in to the corners I'm happy didn't cost a thing. Boys are not bothered by the noise, but I can't cough they scatter like frightened birds :oops:x

I use a hand held too. Mine started off mildly concerned about it but now like to follow it about the cage whilst I work lol. Honestly I love my hand held, I wouldn't consider ever going back to a shovel and brush :)

I have a handheld Dyson and use a Gtech electric sweeper too. Both are great and the pigs aren't scared at all. Hiccups on the other hand ....

Thanks everyone, that's given me a few to look out for (hopefully I can get one with some loyalty points).

I use a hand held too. Mine started off mildly concerned about it but now like to follow it about the cage whilst I work lol. Honestly I love my hand held, I wouldn't consider ever going back to a shovel and brush :)
mine are the same. They scatter as soon as I switch it on, then follow me round the cage getting in my way. :roll:

mine are the same. They scatter as soon as I switch it on, then follow me round the cage getting in my way. :roll:
Mine seem to think it will dispense food aswell as clean up their mess! My old girl Twirl used to try and stick her nose right near the nozzle and then popcorn off and come back for more, she was a real nutter :))

Which hand held do you use please? I found an old one I had discarded but now that's broken

We used to handvac, but now a normal hoover as the handvac didn't look very nice when I unpacked it when we moved here lol.

Now considering getting a gator or a corded one I saw with there being three cages.

We used to handvac, but now a normal hoover as the handvac didn't look very nice when I unpacked it when we moved here lol.

Now considering getting a gator or a corded one I saw with there being three cages.
I now have 3 levels but using the main hoover I was sucking up the fleece!

hehehe, my son does too, however I told him a way of doing it, if you put the pipe on it's side and hoover it doesn't suck it up as much, it's a bit awkward but it works.

I have a handheld Dyson and use a Gtech electric sweeper too. Both are great and the pigs aren't scared at all. Hiccups on the other hand ....

My piggies hide when I hoover with my Dyson. They don't mind me coughing or sneezing, but if I burp, they run for cover! :)):)) Did you know that piggies can get hiccups?

Yes mine get them sometimes, usually when they eat too quickly, though the heart pigs get them too which are related to their condition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back