• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea Pig Poop

Hey guys, I’m not sure if my Guinea pig has hurt her leg or anything because on Friday she threw herself on my bed & yesterday when I was trying to clean her cage, after yesterdays incident she was running back & fourth in the bassinet. I have her out right now running around to see if I see anything wrong but I can’t really tell, I noticed that when she drinks water she lifts up her left hand but she only done it a few times & now that I watch her she’s drinking with both hands on the floor, I think maybe uneven bedding or something? She doesn’t seem to be limping bc she’s running around & walking back & fourth

Hey guys, I’m not sure if my Guinea pig has hurt her leg or anything because on Friday she threw herself on my bed & yesterday when I was trying to clean her cage, after yesterdays incident she was running back & fourth in the bassinet. I have her out right now running around to see if I see anything wrong but I can’t really tell, I noticed that when she drinks water she lifts up her left hand but she only done it a few times & now that I watch her she’s drinking with both hands on the floor, I think maybe uneven bedding or something? She doesn’t seem to be limping bc she’s running around & walking back & fourth
I was a bit concerned bc whenever I try to pick her up she gets really aggressive & starts biting me which isn’t her behavior

I was a bit concerned bc whenever I try to pick her up she gets really aggressive & starts biting me which isn’t her behavior
I couldn’t get a clear photo really bc she doenst stay still, her paws her a bit dry which is normal for her

Attachments

• ED439423-56DC-4097-86B4-28634C9FB0E9.webp
    ED439423-56DC-4097-86B4-28634C9FB0E9.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 30A039F9-A6E2-4F56-85F2-0E561356DCBE.webp
    30A039F9-A6E2-4F56-85F2-0E561356DCBE.webp
    15 KB · Views: 6

All we can ever suggest is a vet check if you are concerned even if it is only for peace of mind.
We can’t tell if she is hurt from a photo, we also dont know how far she fell, but as it was a soft landing hopefully there isn’t any damage. Holding her paws when drinking isn’t really indicative of anything much

One way to look at it is if she's biting you a bit she's confident enough to tell you she doesn't really like whatever you are doing! Maybe the bed thing frightened her? All communication is good though :nod: I generally sit on the floor with mine (and I'm old - like 50 - it's not as easy as it was!) because they can't see that well and have very little concept of height so even the most familiar pig will one day suddenly be a bit startled by something and blindly leap away. Louise is the worst for this - she's a beauty but I'm not convinced she has any sense at all! If I'm on the floor and they've had enough they can just get off and walk away. If they think I'm hiding something tasty they climb on!

You’re telling me! I can’t keep up with her anymore, maybe it’s a coincidence but she started acting up as soon as my pregnancy got noticeable. I’m certain she’s bilingual or only listens to me when I talk to her in Spanish because she likes to hide & go into tight spaces when she’s really chubby, today is the better day though she didn’t bite me when I tried to pick her up, she did bite me once when I was applying coconut oil to her paws but that’s something she does, she doesn’t like getting her feet touched.

All we can ever suggest is a vet check if you are concerned even if it is only for peace of mind.
We can’t tell if she is hurt from a photo, we also dont know how far she fell, but as it was a soft landing hopefully there isn’t any damage. Holding her paws when drinking isn’t really indicative of anything much
She didn’t squeak or make a noise when she fell, do Guinea pigs make noises when they get hurt?

She didn’t squeak or make a noise when she fell, do Guinea pigs make noises when they get hurt?

Some might, some won’t. Whether they make a noise or not on landing is not really an indicator as to injury. As prey animals they are designed to hide pain.

Okay well I think she’s okay, I kind of slept all day so she doesn’t see me pretty much all morning & she got excited & ran when towards me when she saw I have finally awoken 😂

Back