• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea pig help needed ! *READ PLEASE *

• Thread starter Thread starter daz94
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz94

Righty,Hello peoples.Anyway i bought too baby guinea pigs about a week ago.They've both been fine but since yesterday the brown one (toffe )Has been like breathing/Its heart been beating like mad.

right this morn when i opened the hutch he wasnt really doing it then when i put my hand in to stroke him it started again.With the weather changing very quickly where i live its been like 8 degres to 18! so i wondered if it could of been that?

The weird thing is its near her back legs... so guinea pig owners that no alot help me now !

what is it?

HELP ME PLEASE :(

Are there any other signs of illness. Off his /her food, crusting around the eyes/listless. My boa,r when he was a baby, had a chest infection and his heart rate was high and had difficulty breathing.On the safe side, can you ring a vet? Are they in the shade or can you take them in doors out of the sun?

katblack77 said:
Are there any other signs of illness. Off his /her food, crusting around the eyes/listless. My boa,r when he was a baby, had a chest infection and his heart rate was high and had difficulty breathing.On the safe side, can you ring a vet? Are they in the shade or can you take them in doors out of the sun?

its in loads of shade.Her eyes are fine.

I went down a min ago and her heart is abouslty pounding :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( :'(

Sehnsucht said:
Then take her to the vet to make sure

i rang my mum up a sec ago (shes out horse riding) and she said she isnt taking her to the vet :|

>:(

I'm sorry to hear this, i posted about her piccie he's very handsome :smitten:
Keep your little one warm and supervise, make sure he's had water and feed some mushed up pellets or if you have some Critical Care.

Glynis said:
I'm sorry to hear this, i posted about her piccie he's very handsome :smitten:
Keep your little one warm and supervise, make sure he's had water and feed some mushed up pellets or if you have some Critical Care.

i cant take it too the vets so i might take it too pets at home and ask and maybe get a swap not that i want too hes a handsome Lad :(

(least my other ones fine anyway ¬_¬)

Glynis said:
Why would you want to swap your little one when they are sick :( :(

Well if they say he wont get any better or its a serious pain I'll let them deal with it and I'll get a healthy one.

What a rip off ¬_¬

I'm sorry but i don't understand, wouldn't you want to take care and try and help the littlie :(
I know it's heart wrenching but if you don't try he may have no hope at all, that would be very sad for him :(

Glynis said:
I'm sorry but i don't understand, wouldn't you want to take care and try and help the littlie :(
I know it's heart wrenching but if you don't try he may have no hope at all, that would be very sad for him :(

I'm off to have enough look.

EDIT: its still pounding I'll take him to pets at home where i got him from and then they can tell me why its happening etc. But like my mum says shes drinking and eating and stuf... 98)

*sigh* poor little piggy >:(

if p@h take him back i hope he finds a more caring owner!

bunpig said:
*sigh* poor little piggy >:(

if p@h take him back i hope he finds a more caring owner!

my mate says hes dehydrated which he probably is I cant make him drink and i do care about him you nob!

:tickedoff:

swap? bl**dy hell id never do that,once youve taken one on its your resposibilty to look after it,sick or not sick >:(
and is it male or female? on min youre saying a she then he..

and please stop calling people names!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

SO you dont care about it being dehydrated,are you bothered at all? that can kill a piggy! >:( >:(

She.

i bought it and its ill so i can take it back if i want...

probably wont though.I bet it doesnt no where the water bottle is... ::)

Sehnsucht said:
swap? bl**dy hell id never do that,once youve taken one on its your resposibilty to look after it,sick or not sick >:(
and is it male or female? on min youre saying a she then he..

and please stop calling people names!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

SO you dont care about it being dehydrated,are you bothered at all? that can kill a piggy! >:( >:(

LOOK I've just put it in the run with a bowl of water I put the bottel end Near its MOUTH i put a BOWL in its bedroom i cant do anymore.!

stop with the attittude itll get you nowhere when youre asking for help

Use a small syringe and give water immediately she may not know or understand how to use a bottle or a bowl, it depends on what she was brought up with

Sehnsucht said:
stop with the attittude itll get you nowhere when youre asking for help

i cant do anymore i have tried if it doesnt no where the water bottel is or how to drink i cant make it drink....

daz94 said:
my mate says hes dehydrated which he probably is I cant make him drink and i do care about him you nob!

it doesnt matter what you MATE thinks! that piggy needs a VET!

bunpig said:
daz94 said:

I'm 12 I'm not rich my mums riding her horse. a few miles away from here! :-\

bunpig said:
daz94 said:

I agree,your " mate" isnt a vet so guessing is stupid,and if you mum can afford a horse then I'm sure the piggy can be taken to a vet,shes irresponsible if she doesnt,thats what the new law has come out for >:(

i cant do anymore i have tried if it doesnt no where the water bottel is or how to drink i cant make it drink....
[/quote]

yes you can, as i said syringe the water this will encourage her, our boy doesn't drink from the bowl and i've been syringing him extra water for years now, but i also give him lots of watery veggies to help this as well

And yes you need to see a vet for this little girl, explain to your mum how ill she is :(

Glynis said:

yes you can, as i said syringe the water this will encourage her, our boy doesn't drink from the bowl and i've been syringing him extra water for years now, but i also give him lots of watery veggies to help this as well

And yes you need to see a vet for this little girl, explain to your mum how ill she is :(
[/quote]

For the mo cos my mum isnt here am going to bath it too cool it down and it might drink some water that way We'll see.

daz94 said:
Glynis said:

For the mo cos my mum isnt here am going to bath it too cool it down and it might drink some water that way We'll see.
[/quote]

wtf! bath wont make it better ,it needs a vet

Sehnsucht said:
daz94 said:
Glynis said:

[/quote]

Shes 3miles away I've rang her 3times! I've just gone and tried to make it drink and i cant have it.I'll take it to pets at home and maybe they'll get it too drink!

daz94 said:
Sehnsucht said:
daz94 said:
Glynis said:

it needs a vet NOT pets at home

Shes 3miles away I've rang her 3times! I've just gone and tried to make it drink and i cant have it.I'll take it to pets at home and maybe they'll get it too drink!

[/quote]
it needs a vet NOT pets at home >:( >:(

Sehnsucht said:
daz94 said:
Sehnsucht said:
daz94 said:
Glynis said:

it needs a vet NOT pets at home

[/quote]

Lol you write in the quote.Theres water in her hutch if she sooooooooo badly needs a drink I think She'll get one...

Firstly, stop calling people who are trying to help you names. If you continue, you will be suspended from the forum.

Secondly, your mum is out riding her horse... if your family can afford to buy a horse then why can't you afford to take a sick animal to the vet. Can I just say that it is a crime to neglect animal treatment. When you got your guinea pigs, you have taken on the reponsibility of their overall care... if you couldn't care for a guinea pig, then you really should NOT have got them.

Thirdly, swapping guinea pigs... thats ridiculous however I think it would be a good idea to take him back the pet store as I am sure they would do more to help the guinea pig than you are clearly doing. If you do take him back, I would seriously hope you would not be getting another.

Where abouts do you live? - Someone may be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back