IMG_6133.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6134.webp
    IMG_6134.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6135.webp
    IMG_6135.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 2
Do the hides have two exits? So no one feels trapped by the other, it could cause a fight.

Do the hides have two exits? So no one feels trapped by the other, it could cause a fight.
i believe most of them do, i have seen some very well youtubers (squeak dreams, the pig room, another one i think her name is audrey or aubrey wyatt) using some with only one exit, i believe only the strawberry has one exit the rest are multiple.

Hides with one exit might be ok for some pairs once they are settled but generally speaking one exit hides should be avoided for all pigs particularly new ones (I would not use it for at least the first few weeks while they are settling in).
You certainly don’t want a one exit hide for boars (I can’t remember what sex your piggies will be) at all.

Hides with one exit might be ok for some pairs once they are settled but generally speaking one exit hides should be avoided for all pigs particularly new ones (I would not use it for at least the first few weeks while they are settling in).
You certainly don’t want a one exit hide for boars (I can’t remember what sex your piggies will be) at all.
theyre gonna be females :) thank you for the kind words

theyre gonna be females :) thank you for the kind words

Sows still have the potential to have issues with them. If one is in season and they run the other piggy into it and trap them inside then it can still be a flash point. Sows come into season around every two weeks. Just something to bear in mind!

Sows still have the potential to have issues with them. If one is in season and they run the other piggy into it and trap them inside then it can still be a flash point. Sows come into season around every two weeks. Just something to bear in mind!
Oh my! i didnt know they did that every two weeks! I will probably return the strawberry then! I dont want anything to happen, I dont believe i’ll even have the room for it lol, i bought so much (and still am buying, i want them to be as happy as possible)

Oh my! i didnt know they did that every two weeks! I will probably return the strawberry then! I dont want anything to happen, I dont believe i’ll even have the room for it lol, i bought so much (and still am buying, i want them to be as happy as possible)

It’s too easy to get carried away! But do remember that you don’t need to spend loads to keep them occupied … that the thing piggies love most is simply big piles of hay on the cage floor (which is why we don’t recommend the use of any type of hay rack or holder) with veg scattered in and the odd cardboard tunnel or tunnel cardboard box with doors cut in!

so currently i feel like the worst pet owner in the world. my cage that I ordered in the mail had to delay and so I found the biggest tote that I had in my house, which is probably 3 foot by one and a half foot. and the girls are in there until my cage delivers. so kinda feeling bad about that, I should’ve just waited until I got the cage, but I got impatient and it was supposed to be delivered today.

Don't feel too bad. Some people keep adult piggies in cages not much bigger for years.

Back