Guinea Lion Doesn't Seem To Want A Friend... What To Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got him from pets at home... the adoption centre bit... was just talking to the girl about the rescue animals and she mentioned that they had some out back that they didnt have space for in the shop floor display. He's 6 months old and was either bullied or was the bully in a pair, they said they are pretty sure he was bullied, but cant confirm it... he'd been brought back a few weeks ago and was still out back... a long haired guinea looks like a peruvian but probably a mix.

I'm trying to be good and make sure he has time to settle, so I set up his cage near herbies, then put everything inside and covered it with a towel (not fully) to give the new guy a chance to settle in, give him a few days to get used to the smells and noises...

Herbie on the other hand had different ideas, came out of his cage walked all round Svens' cage and then stood up to get a better look inside,c queue the chirping and biting at bars from Sven while herbie watches in facination. they have both made noises and light rumbling...

I have put herbie back in his cage and covered sven over a little more.... and at the moment peace has returned...

Please quarantine your new pig for two weeks before putting him anywhere near Herbie. It is vital as he could be ill or have fungal issues. Quarantine is best done in a separate room.

Thanks for the advice, I realised a little late about the common sense that is quarantine... nothung was stopping herbie investigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back