Gigs, Festivals & Concerts

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've turned to a lot of rap music which I do not like at all personally! There is a song I do like a lot from it though! Can't remember the name though!

I don't really live near any venues. Rock City is closest to me, about a 50 minute to an hour drive depending on traffic! But thats nothing compared too how far some people travel haha!

Oh wow thats quite far! yeahh...i think i'd travel miles to see some bands! i dont think theres any bands at the moment i would do that for, only bands that have split up or whatever but i doubt they will ever get back together! Do you drive? or do you have to rely on someone to drive you in to it.

Going to see bands play is one of my major hobbies.
I'm very jealous of @lisaali going to see the Human League! Dave is going to see Peter Gabriel next week and I'm very sad that I cant go as we cant get a baby sitter .... :(

I dont know what it is about seeing people live, i just love it! some people dont get it, or just arnt really bothered but I seriously love it! I think i'd be sad if i didnt go to at least one a year!

Yes I agree. Its mine and David's main shared interest. A good gig is almost a spiritual experience. Seeing New Model Army in mid 1990s for example....amazing experience :)

Oh wow thats quite far! yeahh...i think i'd travel miles to see some bands! i dont think theres any bands at the moment i would do that for, only bands that have split up or whatever but i doubt they will ever get back together! Do you drive? or do you have to rely on someone to drive you in to it.

I can't drive. (But my provisional came today so I can start learning, yay yay!) So I have to get a family member to take me! I haven't had a problem so far as there is always someone to take me thankfully! Because I always ask months and months in advance! I took the train with my boyfriend to all time low earlier this year, but even then, I need a ride to the train station! Which is about 15 minutes haha!

wow you guys have seen amazing bands!

Ive just got tickets to Take That for the fourth time...i know...but i never liked them first time round and i do now they are men

Ive seen Inxs, Simply Red, Tina Turner, Westlife, Girls Aloud have to admit the last two were freebies and no wayyyyy would i have chosen to go. I also went to the Big Reunion last year.

I would LOVE to see:

Sex Pistols
Madness
Specials
AC/DC
Metallica
Slipknot
Linkin Park
Madonna
Pink
Ed Sheeran
Arctics
Foo Fighters
Green Day
Radiohead
Chase & Status
Faithless
Genesis
JT
Kelly Clarkson
Kodaline
Korn
Motorhead (in their heyday)
Paloma Faith
Prince

also, same as others, really like Lost Prophets...

Also, saw Spandau last night and thought they were awesome, would really go see them. Did you watch it @lisaali ?

I can't drive. (But my provisional came today so I can start learning, yay yay!) So I have to get a family member to take me! I haven't had a problem so far as there is always someone to take me thankfully! Because I always ask months and months in advance! I took the train with my boyfriend to all time low earlier this year, but even then, I need a ride to the train station! Which is about 15 minutes haha!

Yeah I cant drive either, my boyfriend does so if for any reason I couldnt get a train he could probably take me. But yeah its kinda easy in london, i live around 5 mins away from an underground station, but then id rather live 15 minuets away from a station and not live in london haha.
At least theres always someone to take you :)! even if it is just to the train station haha.

@doglovinpiggylover Hahaha are you going to the o2 to see take that? I'm so excited to see them. I cant wait.
Oh madness! i tried to get tickets for them...but they were gone, and really expensive!
Are you talking about Spandau Ballet? I saw them perform some songs at St.Pauls one Christmas, my boyfriends a massive fan of them.

@doglovinpiggylover Hahaha are you going to the o2 to see take that? I'm so excited to see them. I cant wait.
Oh madness! i tried to get tickets for them...but they were gone, and really expensive!
Are you talking about Spandau Ballet? I saw them perform some songs at St.Pauls one Christmas, my boyfriends a massive fan of them.

no Manchester i am going to. I went last time they toured with Robbie, to the Ethiad stadium, but sadly i picked up a bug and spent the majority of a blazing hot day sat on the floor in the food/drink area outside lol. All i saw was the Pet Shop Boys who were dire and about 30 secs of the first take that song and then those flame things started and i felt the heat and vommed for hours lol

yes spandau ballet, they were on a programme when i went to bed last night and played a few tunes and have to say they have still got it, and martin kemp with silver grey hair omg!!

Yeah I cant drive either, my boyfriend does so if for any reason I couldnt get a train he could probably take me. But yeah its kinda easy in london, i live around 5 mins away from an underground station, but then id rather live 15 minuets away from a station and not live in london haha.
At least theres always someone to take you :)! even if it is just to the train station haha.

I wish I lived in London right now! All time low.. 14th of feb next year.. 02 arena.. With you me at six!

That would be beautiful... :(

@doglovinpiggylover ......Oh...That sounds like such a great experience, at least it was memorable?!? Lol. I'd gauge my eyes out if i had to endure the pet shop boys. Who's even supporting them this year? Oh...Ella Henderson!
I watch there tour dvd all the time, with the elephant! they look so amazing! Cant wait! eeeeeee < the sound i make when i think of it.

mmm...martin kemp...he is a bit nice...probably old enough to be my dad...just...but still...whats age?!? just a number!
They were pretty good actually sang GOLD obviously....that was pretty good :D

I wish I lived in London right now! All time low.. 14th of feb next year.. 02 arena.. With you me at six!

That would be beautiful... :(

Oh I know... I'd love to go to that :( theres barely any tickets left for it too! Is there no way of you getting to london?

yes ella henderson, not really sure about that but you know. Sadly i missed the tour with the elephant, was it the circus? it looked amazballs

Oh I know... I'd love to go to that :( theres barely any tickets left for it too! Is there no way of you getting to london?

It's about 4 hours away from me :(

They are in Birmingham though! A couple of hours and i could get there! I've been before! When I went too see Paramore!

Okay.. Christmas is coming.. Time to drop hints like crazy!

@doglovinpiggylover Yeah..me either... lets hope she just stays at the river and prays.
yeah cirus! I didnt see it live but I saw the tour dvd video :D! looked so amazing! I hope this one is as amazing! I want to see the elephant.

It's about 4 hours away from me :(

They are in Birmingham though! A couple of hours and i could get there! I've been before! When I went too see Paramore!

Okay.. Christmas is coming.. Time to drop hints like crazy!

Ohhh man thats far :(, oh 2 hours isnt that bad yano! i recon you could do that! Yeah! start dropping hints like mad hahahaha.
I'd go but i dont know anyone else who likes ATL.

Ohhh man thats far :(, oh 2 hours isnt that bad yano! i recon you could do that! Yeah! start dropping hints like mad hahahaha.
I'd go but i dont know anyone else who likes ATL.

The first time I went was with my best friend who loved them but she is no longer my friend haha. The second time was with my boyfriend, but he's not a fan. My mum likes them, I'd take my mum, I don't care who I take as long as I get too see them haha! Tickets are £29 too, that's cheap really!

The first time I went was with my best friend who loved them but she is no longer my friend haha. The second time was with my boyfriend, but he's not a fan. My mum likes them, I'd take my mum, I don't care who I take as long as I get too see them haha! Tickets are £29 too, that's cheap really!

haha I'm going to take that with my mum! My mums like my bestfriend anyway so it would be like taking a friend for me! :D
Awwh i'll be super jealous if you end up going! Happy for you though! but jealous

haha I'm going to take that with my mum! My mums like my bestfriend anyway so it would be like taking a friend for me! :D
Awwh i'll be super jealous if you end up going! Happy for you though! but jealous

I'd take my mum anywhere haha! She'd enjoy all time low I think hehe!

The most annoying part is that I could just ask my mum for them for Christmas and she would say yes haha.. But I kinda want them as a 'surprise' that I don't have too ask for! Which doesn't make sense haha! So I'm gunna have to drop sooo many hints to both my mum and sister!:D

I'd take my mum anywhere haha! She'd enjoy all time low I think hehe!

The most annoying part is that I could just ask my mum for them for Christmas and she would say yes haha.. But I kinda want them as a 'surprise' that I don't have too ask for! Which doesn't make sense haha! So I'm gunna have to drop sooo many hints to both my mum and sister!:D

Hahahha me too! Thats so cool that you think your mum would like them! My mum would probably come with me but I think shed just tolerate the music instead of generally liking it.
Haha yeah, its like... Do you risk it not telling them that you want them so it could be a surprise and possibly not get it, or do you sacrafise the surprise for making sure you get them?! Big decision! I like surprises but I'd be gutted if they didnt get the message hahaha.

Hahahha me too! Thats so cool that you think your mum would like them! My mum would probably come with me but I think shed just tolerate the music instead of generally liking it.
Haha yeah, its like... Do you risk it not telling them that you want them so it could be a surprise and possibly not get it, or do you sacrafise the surprise for making sure you get them?! Big decision! I like surprises but I'd be gutted if they didnt get the message hahaha.

My mum loves all time low! She knows almost all of the lyrics to most of the songs hahah! So she'd love it!

I think I'm just gunna have to hint like crazy. But expect to not get them lol! Then I won't be too disappointed!

My mum loves all time low! She knows almost all of the lyrics to most of the songs hahah! So she'd love it!

I think I'm just gunna have to hint like crazy. But expect to not get them lol! Then I won't be too disappointed!

Wow that's so cool!
Atleast if you do get them you'll be really surprised and happy! You know your going to have to come on here on Christmas day at some point and let me know if you get them or not haha!

Wow that's so cool!
Atleast if you do get them you'll be really surprised and happy! You know your going to have to come on here on Christmas day at some point and let me know if you get them or not haha!

She hates everything else I listen to though! Haha!

I will haha! I'll remember this thread on christmas! I got a all time low jumper last Christmas! Tickets would be a nice step up this year!;)

I havent seen anywhere near as much as I'd like and we see more comedy shows than gigs, but here's what I've seen (not a lot).

Evanescence X 3, One with The Pretty Reckless supporting.
30 seconds to mars X2
Papa Roach

I want to see a lot more, never have the time!

@Flutterby :O! You've seen 30 seconds to mars twice! I'm so jealous!
I saw papa roach last year at reading. He was good... but it was like watching your dad perform and swear on stage! I didn't know whether to cringe or laugh!

Yeah it was a few years ago, they were fantastic. I got their guitar plecs they threw off stage and I hugged Jared Leto and got a signing etc :)

Yeah it was a few years ago, they were fantastic. I got their guitar plecs they threw off stage and I hugged Jared Leto and got a signing etc :)

:O! oh my god! no way! That is so cool! Awwh i'm super jealous now! I hope they go on our again, I'd defiantly see them a second time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back