Floor in shed

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 1169
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1169

::) well i was wandering if anyone has free range piggies on the floor of their shed as i am thinking of doing this although i also have hutches built in too :D

Does anyone have any piccies :smitten: so i can get some ideas please :D

Also i have a 10x6 shed so was thinking i could have maybe a 5x6 space for a few piggies but how many can i put in it ? 0:)

I did, then I was having built in hutches, now i'm having c&c ;D

This is what it looked like:
S7300513-1.jpg

S7300511.jpg

i have merry n rosie on my shed floor, but kinda in a run if thats what your thinking? however you can get like big run thingys for them to scamper around in however catching them could be interesting :o hence why i would suggest a smaller enclosed ark with shelter section too

PC230749.jpg

Oh right :D They both look good
but Sophie how many piggies did you keep in that section and how big was that bit ? :)

I had seven, but four of them were small babies still.
It went further down than the pictures. I think it was about 5' x 8' in the end

Sophie1307 said:
I had seven, but four of them were small babies still.
It went further down than the pictures. I think it was about 5' x 8' in the end
oh right O0 so that section was 5x 8 :)

How many could i have in a 5x 6 then anyone ?

4/5? lol so they have space and plus u gotta allow room for toys, food, shelter etc etc

Merry_and_Rosie said:
4/5? lol so they have space and plus u gotta allow room for toys, food, shelter etc etc
I was thinking around 7 ;D

Haha Kelly just call me Carol Voderman, the funny thing is I love words but can't do the letters on Countdown only the numbers! 98)

Yep Jane your spot on 10 points for you! :D

ok well have a tape measure to work measure your c&c grids ;D mine are the b&q ones i think ?

They a foot wide? Mine are just over a foot but mine are the blue ones. :)

Has anyone got any more piccies of their floor space please and what did you put in the floor before putting woodshavings down ? :D

No piccies cos I've never done it ;D ;D but all you need on the floor is something like lino (which I think you have in your shed anyway?) otherwise their pee will soak into the floor.

I put correx down, then very thick newspaper, shredded paper, woodshavings then hay.
Didn't want it to be cold, and I didn't want to rot the shed floor.

Jane said:
No piccies cos I've never done it ;D ;D but all you need on the floor is something like lino (which I think you have in your shed anyway?) otherwise their pee will soak into the floor.
i have laminate flooring so want something on top so will put lino down as its easier to get O0

Sophie1307 said:
I put correx down, then very thick newspaper, shredded paper, woodshavings then hay.

I put correx down over the lino floor and then paper hay ect. I am useing grids as runs for mine they can access thier hutches too via ramps. At night they are in thier hutches.

Pumpkinpiggie said:
Sophie1307 said:

I put correx down over the lino floor and then paper hay ect. I am useing grids as runs for mine they can access thier hutches too via ramps. At night they are in thier hutches.
oh cool do you have a piccie of it please ? ? I'm thinking of rehoming a few piggies :)

iloveanimals said:
Pumpkinpiggie said:
Sophie1307 said:

oh cool do you have a piccie of it please ? ? I'm thinking of rehoming a few piggies :)

Sorry got no piccies and where are you rehoming more from?

I dunno yet ;D ;D
Havent even done the floor to my shed yet just getting the go ahead from my mum ::) but she never goes in there so its really up to me really :D but i always ask her anyway ? ::) dunno why BUT
i may get another ummmmmmm 3-4 piggys :smitten:

Awww bless, maybe you could put some of your boars on the floor, I think they'd LOVE more space, AND less chancwe of potential fights breaking out ;D

PerfectPiggies said:
Awww bless, maybe you could put some of your boars on the floor, I think they'd LOVE more space, AND less chancwe of potential fights breaking out ;D
yeah but i only have pairs of boars upto 3 and i think theyll fight ::) as theyve never seen the other boars before but i could bond them all ;D i did try putting a few of my sows outside togetehr in the huge run but they wouldnt have any of it and hated each other as they were all protecting their babies :P

RE the females; Once the bubs are a bit older, they will probably chill out a LOT :smitten:

Maybe you could have two big c&c on the floor, or split it in two somehow...its amazing how muich happier piggies are with more space :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

what piggers are you after next? I am *thinking* about maybe getting another sow for pheobe to play with, but not sure yet :-\ ::) ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back