Fleece Vs Bedding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use vet bed as someone on the forum recommended it , wash it in nonbio powder with a dash of white vinegar, I only put it on a quick wash at temp 30 degrees and it is fine , the girls are comfy and no smell.
I'm new to piggies (3 months) but our 3 are living in a new C&C cage I just made (with help from all here) and continue on dust free shavings covered by a decent layer of hay. It feels soft and comfy, it's cheap and easy to clean twice weekly, may swap in future but can't source some alternatives economically.

I just been watching youtube videos on guinea pigs bedding and some use wood chippings and saw dust, but I thought they are bad for piggys I'm confused now. Mind you it dont take a lot to confuse me lol lol

Last edited:
When first owning piggies I put them on wood shavings and hay. But since having my two new girls, one of them is extremely sensitive to the shavings so they've gone onto fleece.

They both seem to prefer it. It's more comfy, less damp and just generally better for their health in my personal opinion. We bulk wash the fleece and towels together so its never much of a problem. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back