Fireworks, Thunderstorms and Builders: Pactical tips for guinea pig owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know :( I’m just so grateful now that my piggies live indoors.

I hate fireworks and so do my cats who hide all night. Thankfully they come inside for the night between 5 and 6 and have their tea x
My cat use to hate fireworks. We always had to bring her in for the night

My cat use to hate fireworks. We always had to bring her in for the night

mine are in now. Two are house cats but the one who goes out, cane home at 3 and I’m keeping him in now. It’s still ridiculous though as you get the morons who let them off during the day! :(

mine are in now. Two are house cats but the one who goes out, cane home at 3 and I’m keeping him in now. It’s still ridiculous though as you get the morons who let them off during the day! :(
I’m not bothered by them I don’t think they should be banned, but they need to be controlled. Letting them off in the day is stupid and pointless because you can’t even see them. I think better control is what is needed

I’m not bothered by them I don’t think they should be banned, but they need to be controlled. Letting them off in the day is stupid and pointless because you can’t even see them. I think better control is what is needed

I think organised displays only, not a full ban but they shouldn’t be set off near wildlife or farm animals. But yes, better control is needed. Sadly it’s when irresponsible kids and teens get hold of them :(

I think organised displays only, not a full ban but they shouldn’t be set off near wildlife or farm animals. But yes, better control is needed. Sadly it’s when irresponsible kids and teens get hold of them :(
Oh yeah I agree! It’s when the teens think they’re cool to terrorise people and animals with them. I know Sainsbury’s have stopped selling fireworks completely now. Maybe if fireworks could only be bought at certain places and proper ID checks were done

Loads of people in cars have just turned up before I did in my square I live in, so couldn't park my work van for ages, looks like they are visiting a certain house for a firework display, The local cat is going to suffer tonight, he's out in the rain already and begging for me to let him in, if things get real bad, il make him a bed in the kitchen for the night. Is it really worth all this for fireworks

I think ban them except for properly controlled shows

Oh yeah I agree! It’s when the teens think they’re cool to terrorise people and animals with them. I know Sainsbury’s have stopped selling fireworks completely now. Maybe if fireworks could only be bought at certain places and proper ID checks were done
Scummy mummy's buy them for their kids though, so i. D doesn't do jack.

Loads of people in cars have just turned up before I did in my square I live in, so couldn't park my work van for ages, looks like they are visiting a certain house for a firework display, The local cat is going to suffer tonight, he's out in the rain already and begging for me to let him in, if things get real bad, il make him a bed in the kitchen for the night. Is it really worth all this for fireworks
Aww bring him in! Keep him lol

The trouble with legislation is you can't legislate for idiots who just see it as a challenge. The only thing that will help is a ban on selling to the public and stick to professional displays. There's a shop here that sells fireworks most of the year. Some idiots were driving round here at the weekend letting them off from a car as they drove round. Shame the common sense and consideration for other people gene has been bred out of half of the human race.
We are being assulted on all sides tonight, poor Caspy came out of bed for a drink, there was a loud bang overhead, I've never seen a guinea pig move so fast. Just discovered piggies don't like Mowtown, they are grumbling along to the music! Perhaps we better stick to the fireworks!

I used to find, music wise, that C & B preferred my favourites Spotify playlist. Silly boys would rather have listened to the Scissor Sisters, Krokus, Chris Rea etc rather than classical music.

I really wish I was in back Switzerland at this time of the year when some idiot thinks that after midnight was the best time to let off fireworks! :(
2am I heard some on Saturday night.... I was up with my son who wasn't feeling well!

Well, we've heard a couple of fireworks here in the village (or somewhere near). We are only a small village and most have pets. I haven't heard anything else. Thankfully my piggies live indoors and not fussed about it. They don't even fuss about me shouting during football matches, let alone hearing something from outside. 😂😂

Anyway, what scares them though is my voice in the morning when I wake up and greet them "Hi piggies!" They both run away because they know I have to pick them up for cuddling and weighing time before breakfast meal. 😂 I know they think mummy's cruel in the morning. 😁

Well, we've heard a couple of fireworks here in the village (or somewhere near). We are only a small village and most have pets. I haven't heard anything else. Thankfully my piggies live indoors and not fussed about it. They don't even fuss about me shouting during football matches, let alone hearing something from outside. 😂😂

Anyway, what scares them though is my voice in the morning when I wake up and greet them "Hi piggies!" They both run away because they know I have to pick them up for cuddling and weighing time before breakfast meal. 😂 I know they think mummy's cruel in the morning. 😁
I love doing the morning veg feeding, they get in position and wait for it.

Raging, some :cen: morons were lighting them in the street across from my house... (either in the street or on the golf course only like ten steps away)
My dog is terrified, it’s so loud

Raging, some :cen: morons were lighting them in the street across from my house... (either in the street or on the golf course only like ten steps away)
My dog is terrified, it’s so loud

We've a football pitch down the road to the left, and a rugby pitch up the road to the right. It's gonna be a long night.

We've a football pitch down the road to the left, and a rugby pitch up the road to the right. It's gonna be a long night.

Okay I think the rugby pitch is actually clear....but the football ground has a match going on. Ho boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back