Feeding Hay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MycuteBoys i can't work out if that's red or rose?! For me, usually white but I don't mind the occasional glass of red.

That pop up bag is perfect - please tell me you got it somewhere I can go to and that it was cheap? My hay is not only in the bags still (I've used an older empty one when I split it) but also in a plastic dustbin. Not a great indoor look!

My first bag didn't come in those chunks but the other three have and I agree that's really helpful - less messy!

That's very handy to know

Hay for pets have always been very helpful to me .

I have also ordered from the hay experts and, when item has been despatched to courier, you get an option to choose a day if planned delivery day is not convenient.

I have found a 9kg bag of hay fits nicely into a petware washbag

not the cheapest option - but better than sweaty hay

Those pop up bags will be much more cost effective.

I bought some from Primark - but this was a long time ago

@MycuteBoys i can't work out if that's red or rose?! For me, usually white but I don't mind the occasional glass of red.

That pop up bag is perfect - please tell me you got it somewhere I can go to and that it was cheap? My hay is not only in the bags still (I've used an older empty one when I split it) but also in a plastic dustbin. Not a great indoor look!

My first bag didn't come in those chunks but the other three have and I agree that's really helpful - less messy!
It's a red hun :) Ohhh I'm a white wine lady myself. I'm sure I brought that blue pop up thing from Wilco the range do them too just abit more expensive.

@PiggySmitten :) red or white ;)

The hay in the bag is loose now as ive spilt it, but when it arrives you can not pull hay out of the bag it's that tightly packed in, as shown in the photo the hay comes in handy sections :)
The blue fabric pop up 'bin' is stuffed full to bursting of the hay from the clear bag (ive had this hay for almost a week so there was just a bit more of it) the best way to store hay is in something breathable like this or a duvet cover not in the plastic bag (as ive done....tut tut) keep it in a cool dry place.

View attachment 18067 View attachment 18068 View attachment 18069

Wow! Thanks very much that is a huge bag of hay... I think that will not be an option at this time. I had some of the pop up baskets I got them from Primark, they werent too expensive, but that was a few years ago. They also had some nice fabric lined wicker baskets at the Range that might work nicely if you have the space.. I think I will have to keep buying small bags until we have more space.

Hiya Mr, when I order it, it normally arrives within 4 days I'm unsure if you can ask for a day for it to arrive that would be very helpful if so. Do you have a neighbour to take it in for you or somewhere dry for them to leave it?
You won't be disappointed at all with it, mine lasted my 4 months :) ive just started my 2nd bale.....which type are you ordering?
Kell.
Hi kell. I was going to go for the Ings hay. Is that what you go for?

Wow! Thanks very much that is a huge bag of hay... I think that will not be an option at this time. I had some of the pop up baskets I got them from Primark, they werent too expensive, but that was a few years ago. They also had some nice fabric lined wicker baskets at the Range that might work nicely if you have the space.. I think I will have to keep buying small bags until we have more space.
Hiya, that's handy to know thanks. Hay for pets do two smaller sizes this one in my photo is the largest size it just works out a better deal and thankfully I somewhere to store it feewwww :)

I buy Ings hay from Hay for Pets, too. Just recently got 2 new bags for £32. I Didn't know that you could arrange alternative delivery date
For those of you wondering about the size of a 9 kg bale of hay, my unopened one measures approx 19"X 22" X 13" deep, though bag is bigger.
You really only need to put it in breathable containers if the weather is very warm, or you are keeping it in a warm place. All you need to do is keep the bag open so the hay can breathe, or make holes in the sides. My unopened bag is in my hall. It is quite cool as my heating is still off.

I buy Ings hay from Hay for Pets, too. Just recently got 2 new bags for £32. I Didn't know that you could arrange alternative delivery date
For those of you wondering about the size of a 9 kg bale of hay, my unopened one measures approx 19"X 22" X 13" deep, though bag is bigger.
You really only need to put it in breathable containers if the weather is very warm, or you are keeping it in a warm place. All you need to do is keep the bag open so the hay can breathe, or make holes in the sides. My unopened bag is in my hall. It is quite cool as my heating is still off.

What I did was put my order in and then email hay for pets straight away .

Oh, I see. Dust-free Hay do next day delivery every time, so you automatically know when it is due.
Their largest bale is 6.5 kg for 19.98 inc delivery

I use jr farm meadow hay from zooplus and my boys love it, it really is their favourite of any hay they've had and go wild for it. It comes in a 12kg bag for about £14 I think which will last me months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back