Favourite meadow hay

Also, the Box of Hay was better packaged. The tape was good quality and they did three strips longways and two width ways. Hay Box do one length of poor quality sellotape and it’s one thing that annoys us because it’s usually coming off when it arrives!

The Happy Hay is a tad more expensive but the goblins are incredibly fussy about their hay, daft eejits. They don't want nice soft hay, they want the stalky stuff every other guinea pig turns up their noses at 🤷‍♂️ Box of Hay's timothy was a hit, I usually get 5kg of the timothy and 5kg of the orchard from Happy Hay every 4 weeks because at least I know they'll eat it.

I do kind of miss the days were I could put down any hay and Comet would snaffle it up, lol.

Just seen you live in Dorset. My family live about half an hour from you. Do you mind me asking which vet you use? Hoping to one day move back but not having access to a good vets concerns us. My Mum had rabbits and guinea pigs for a long time but the local vets didn’t seem too great unfortunately.
I use Vets4Pets Holes Bay inside Pets at Home. Your Mum needs to see either Rachel or Chloe as they are the small animal experts.

The Happy Hay is a tad more expensive but the goblins are incredibly fussy about their hay, daft eejits. They don't want nice soft hay, they want the stalky stuff every other guinea pig turns up their noses at 🤷‍♂️ Box of Hay's timothy was a hit, I usually get 5kg of the timothy and 5kg of the orchard from Happy Hay every 4 weeks because at least I know they'll eat it.

I do kind of miss the days were I could put down any hay and Comet would snaffle it up, lol.
They can be very particular about hay! Perry is a bit fussy and we get so many and mix to keep him interested. Lola is our new girl and seems happy with anything we give so that’s good :)

I buy a bale of local organic farm hay at £6 a bale, it’s pretty good and I use it for their cage bases. I also get more expensive brands like Burgess feeding hay and oat hay too. I am also buying Morrisons owns brand of small bales @ £3 atm, I know I’m shocked too 🙄 but the hay is actually really nice and smells lovely, my lot really love it 😊

I am also buying Morrisons owns brand of small bales @ £3 atm, I know I’m shocked too 🙄 but the hay is actually really nice and smells lovely, my lot really love it 😊
Thank you…. remembering I had read about Morrisons hay previously on TGPF saved us while being away at Christmas time. We couldn't fit enough hay in the car, and nothing worth having in the Pets at home we found, but Morrisons next door!
Boys loved nesting in the Morrisons hay, and despite the bag being small, it was well filled, and lasted us well, we even brough an extra bag to bring home!

We bought The Friendly Farmers meadow hay a couple more times and it’s lovely but it has too many sharp sticks(?) in it so we had to stop buying it which is a shame.

Tried Box Full Of Hay and it’s really nice and the pigs love it.. even fussy Perry who isn’t the biggest meadow hay fan! :D

Back