Farewell Rebel (my Freebie Pig)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got up after sleeping off night shift, to find a sympathy card from the vet, that set me off again as I was beginning to accept he was gone!
4c9op8McE.gif

card2.webp
card1.webp
card3.webp

Tom buddy, I am sorry. What a really nice gesture from the vet. It speaks volumes of your vet, yourselves and Rebel. First few weeks are always the worst mate.

This is the first sympathy card I've had from the vet, can't recall any other pet owners getting one?

Exactly, Rebel was a rebel, Lola is little miss sunshine, always chirping as she investigates her surroundings, Angel is Mrs bossyboots who runs the hutch, she protests when you pick her up, but soon enjoys the chin rubs. The previous piggies, Barty was a big fat ginger snuggle pig, who's favourite thing in the whole world was eating, he absolutely craved human attention and would sit on my foot to be picked up for chin rubs and belly tickles. Bella was little miss shy, until it was feeding time, then Barty was scolded for daring to go first in the food bowl and not let her go first! :)) and then there was Stanley. Stan was my first pig and very majestic. He was intact as he lived with a rabbit (that was before I was educated ;) ) He had the biggest pair of boar swingers I had ever seen, they used to swing from side to side as he skipped across the garden . He used to tell the rabbit off for daring to sleep on the bit of lawn he wanted to munch on, a swift nip on the tail and Rusty used to hop off and leave him to it. That was no mean feat in itself as she was a 16lb Agouti! :))

LOL how funny!! they are each so unique; i have 2, Cinnamon is the most laid back 11 month old, i adore her (she's in the pic) very cuddly will lay with you for hours watching TV! My newest one Pepper who is 2 months is the opposite, very hyper, fearful, almost impossible to catch even to remove from the cage to clean; had hoped she would be company for Cinnamon but actually i think she annoys her right now! Sometimes I think Cinnamon looks at me like....what were you thinking, i just want to chill!

Exactly, Rebel was a rebel, Lola is little miss sunshine, always chirping as she investigates her surroundings, Angel is Mrs bossyboots who runs the hutch, she protests when you pick her up, but soon enjoys the chin rubs. The previous piggies, Barty was a big fat ginger snuggle pig, who's favourite thing in the whole world was eating, he absolutely craved human attention and would sit on my foot to be picked up for chin rubs and belly tickles. Bella was little miss shy, until it was feeding time, then Barty was scolded for daring to go first in the food bowl and not let her go first! :)) and then there was Stanley. Stan was my first pig and very majestic. He was intact as he lived with a rabbit (that was before I was educated ;) ) He had the biggest pair of boar swingers I had ever seen, they used to swing from side to side as he skipped across the garden . He used to tell the rabbit off for daring to sleep on the bit of lawn he wanted to munch on, a swift nip on the tail and Rusty used to hop off and leave him to it. That was no mean feat in itself as she was a 16lb Agouti! :))
This made me smile :)
So sorry for your loss of little Rebel. Hugs!

Well I also lost Angel this morning, she was a feisty madam right up to the end. As you know, she was diagnosed with a mammary tumour back in July. She went downhill fast over the weekend and had lost the use of her back legs. This morning I found her bleeding from her back passage, took her straight to the vet. The vet administered a sedative so she could examine her and she passed away on the spot. :( I rescued her over 3 years ago, her and Lola were destined to be snake food, and I wouldn't allow it. At least she spent the rest of her life in a loving home. She's now reunited with Rebel. Run free lass, you're now free of pain.

Oh no! I'm so sorry Boss, you seem to be having a tough time of late :(

Sleep tight Angel xx

They'll be together I'm sure. So sorry they're not with you but what a delight they have left in your heart each in their own special way and how lovely for them that they had someone like you to see it in them, hugs xx

IMAG0111.jpg

and then there was one. This was taken earlier this year, only Lola left on the right now. :(

There are definitely going to be no more pigs after Lola has gone, we can't take any more heartache. :(

Oh no. So sorry to hear about your Angel. It is amazing how such small animals can leave such an impression. That's why you miss them when they go. Your vets are really amazing. I have lost 3 guinea pigs since last August and haven't had a card. So thoughtful of them.

Both Rebel and Angel were seen by Clare Welford, she's one of the partners in the practice, which is why I think we got the card. She gave my wife a massive hug and said she was sorry for our 2 losses in such a short space of time. What a lovely woman.

awww I'm so sorry to read this mate, how upsetting for you all. rip beautiful. I'm also sorry that you wont be having any more as piggies need people like you.

I have had cards from my vets when i have lost my furbabies, but to be honest none of them have been as beautiful as that card, its lovely.

thinking of you xx

Oh I'm so sorry Boss. How heartbreaking to lose two of your gang so close together :( RIP Rebel and Angel

So sorry, what a shock to lose him so suddenly. Have fun at the bridge little man..

Well we received another sympathy card from the vet for losing Angel. To say I'm touched by the sensitivity shown by the practice is an understatement. ;)

img004.webp
img005.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back