Eriathwens piggies

So, luckily everyone is doing well lately. Mum's good, Pandas pooping normally, the long run of weird and wonderful health issues seems to have decided to take a break 🥲

I've been sat with Panda having a cuddle to cheer myself up. I hadn't mentioned, but while Mum was in hospital I was told one of my friends had passed away in an accident. Tomorrow is her funeral, and while I cant be there in person they're live streaming it for those of us unable to attend.

Shes got that little old lady look these days, bless her, but she certainly hasn't slowed down 😅

20240818_170530.webp20240818_170603.webp20240818_170620.webp20240818_170634.webp

I’m glad your mum and piggies are doing better now. So sorry to hear about your friend. That must have been a huge shock for you. Sending hugs to you ❤️

Forrest and Silver went to the vet Wednesday to have an incisor trim and for Forrest to be checked as he was a little under the weather again. He had slight crackly breathing so he's back on Co trim for the next 2 weeks.
Unfortunately I've found him acting like something is stuck in his mouth, I'm worried that after all this time, his molars may be starting to show problems, I've got my alarm set to call the vet first thing, fingers crossed it's something daft like he's tried to swallow a piece of the removed tooth (wouldnt be the first time!) He looks so sad though bless him.

20240907_020854.webp

Thanks guys, luckily it seems to have been secret option number 3... a piece of stick/thick piece of hay had lodged itself across the roof of his mouth between his teeth, and has caused an ulcer. She was able to remove it and had a good look of his mouth while he had some gas. He's feeling much more comfortable and has been doing nothing but eat wheat bran and soaked pellets since getting home!

To say I'm relieved is an understatement! He's getting a check up Thursday as 9 of them are going in for a meds check, but obviously any issues before then she will see him again.

Screenshot_20240907-112606_Facebook.webp

I know you are experienced with satins. Do they usually have sharper nails? Master Boris still has nails like razors but is about 18 months old and showing no signs of satin syndrome.

I know you are experienced with satins. Do they usually have sharper nails? Master Boris still has nails like razors but is about 18 months old and showing no signs of satin syndrome.
I don't know about Satins but Brillo who is a Teddy and not Satin still has the sharp thin baby nails, he's coming up for 6 years old!

I must admit, they do seem to be sharper. Finley never lost his "baby nails" either, they were always quite sharp at the front. As it effects the hair, it would make sense it effects other keratin!

Back