• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ellie- Ovarian Cyst,maybe Stones, Suggestions Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well today was the day, Ellie was great until the needle went in.... OMG! i have never heard my little pigletbum make so much noise! :no:
i have taken her for jabs before but nothing like that! Poppy'sMum you were quite right... Drama Queen extraordinaire!
Big cuddle afterwards:hug: & a huge chunk of melon :clap:

We have got to book an appointment for next Friday or the following Monday, for the second dose.
I haven't told Ellie she has another installment!

Hopefully this will shrink her cyst & keep her happy :wub:

Oh bless her, I remember Terk shouted a lot too. Hope the injections help.

Well Ellie has just come back from her second dose of HCG injections, again she was fine until the carrier door was opened.... then she shoved her pad-mate grace into the doorway of the carrier, as if to say sod off i know whats coming... you do it! Bless her little buttons.
She had the jab & shrieked the place down for a while, even after the needle had been taken out :(

i asked the vet what would happen now... & i suggested to come back in a month & have another ultrasound, to see if the injections have had any effect on the cyst, whether its only halted or slowed down the growth ( hopefully shrinking, but i'm not going to push my luck!:shh: )

Does this sound about right? or should i suggest leaving it a different length of time?
How long has it taken others to respond to treatment ... if at all on here?

She hasnt bled at all since her first injection so fingers crossed it will work.

It was a different vet today as the usual one that has been dealing with Ellie was going to be away, but she briefed him on the treatment so far, he was very young but seemed keen to learn & put me at ease with handling her &the way he treated her :lol: i think he's been there about 2 yrs but think he was fresh out of veterinary college before that as i have seen him once on a previous occasion.

Any info appreciated. Thankyou

xx

I think with Terk after about a month it looked like her tumour had shrunk, she didn't have an ultrasound though as it was very easy to feel that it wasn't as big. It was a while ago though so I could have the timing wrong.

I'm glad you've gone down the hCG route, rather than spaying. This is the treatment recommended by the Cambridge Cavy Trust, along with aspirating the cyst. There is no need for an anaesthetic, but the cyst should be pushed towards the surface. Hope it all works out!

I'm glad you've gone down the hCG route, rather than spaying. This is the treatment recommended by the Cambridge Cavy Trust, along with aspirating the cyst. There is no need for an anaesthetic, but the cyst should be pushed towards the surface. Hope it all works out!

Thankyou. I think really it was my only option... the vet said spaying was the usual treatment & she didnt want to spay her at 6.5yrs as it would be too risky & aspiration she wasn't happy with doing without a GA so i suggested the HCG injections from threads i had read on here to see what she thought, she was happy to research it a bit as had no prior experience & came up trumps :)

So now little Ellie-belly & i have a waiting game to see if there is any improvement, if not i may have to contact an exotics vet & sort some alternative opinions.

Do you have a connection with the CCT or just had treatments/advice from them?
xx

Hope it all goes well for Ellie. I was trained by Vedra at the CCT, and I can call on her for advice (as can anyone), but I'm too far up north to be closely associated. xx

Oh gosh, if my Pringles needs the injections this is what I'm worried about the most, her shrieking the place down! I would feel so guilty! It will be worth it for Ellie when it is all over and she is made better x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back