Eileithya-Eris

Engel

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This week I helped the lovely Eileithya-Eris over the rainbow bridge.

Eileithya-Eris came to me with her brother, Jupiter, in November 2020 just before the pandemic hit. She was thin and pregnant although I didn't know that at the time. She settled in quite quickly and enjoyed cuddles while watching TV. Four weeks later there were the pitter patter of little feet. We welcomed two huge babies into the world, one boy and one girl, which I kept and named Apollo and Dysnomia.
FB_IMG_1727963657361.webpFB_IMG_1727963689390.webp

Nursing took a toll on her already weak body but she quickly gained after weaning and started to enjoy life as she should. She started to show her true colours and was the fussiest of pigs. She taught me that not all hays are the same. Apollo went and lived with Jupiter and Dysnomia stayed with her mum. They enjoyed both indoor and outdoor living and often enjoyed free roam times in the sunshine.
Snapchat-1978466516~2.webp

After some time she was introduced to hus-boar, Basil, in which she fell head over heels for. They were never too far away from one another. The trio have lived happily ever since. Eileithya-Eris dedicated her days to making sure her daughter and hus-boar had a wash before breakfast and in return they'd allow her first dibs on hay and veggies.
IMG_20220111_202632430.webpIMG_20220111_203603408.webpIMG_20211201_173726411.webp

The shed feels strange without you Eil, I know I will be looking for you for a while. Say hello to Jupi and Autumn for me and enjoy the lush meadows.
FB_IMG_1727963645690.webp

Oh so sorry to read this. She sounds like such a wonderful sow wife & mother who finally got to live her best life with you. We just never have long enough with them. Sleep tight beautiful girl 🌈

This week I helped the lovely Eileithya-Eris over the rainbow bridge.

Eileithya-Eris came to me with her brother, Jupiter, in November 2020 just before the pandemic hit. She was thin and pregnant although I didn't know that at the time. She settled in quite quickly and enjoyed cuddles while watching TV. Four weeks later there were the pitter patter of little feet. We welcomed two huge babies into the world, one boy and one girl, which I kept and named Apollo and Dysnomia.
View attachment 257847View attachment 257841

Nursing took a toll on her already weak body but she quickly gained after weaning and started to enjoy life as she should. She started to show her true colours and was the fussiest of pigs. She taught me that not all hays are the same. Apollo went and lived with Jupiter and Dysnomia stayed with her mum. They enjoyed both indoor and outdoor living and often enjoyed free roam times in the sunshine.
View attachment 257846

After some time she was introduced to hus-boar, Basil, in which she fell head over heels for. They were never too far away from one another. The trio have lived happily ever since. Eileithya-Eris dedicated her days to making sure her daughter and hus-boar had a wash before breakfast and in return they'd allow her first dibs on hay and veggies.
View attachment 257844View attachment 257843View attachment 257845

The shed feels strange without you Eil, I know I will be looking for you for a while. Say hello to Jupi and Autumn for me and enjoy the lush meadows.
View attachment 257842

BIG HUGS

What a beautiful and heart-felt tribute to a very special and much loved lady who you have given the best and happiest of lives for as long as you could. She will always have her own big place in your heart. Eileithya was blessed to find you but you were blessed to have her as a never forgotten part of your own life. I still remember her arrival and then the babies.

Boris and Dysnomia will be very sad but they have thankfully still got each other, which is always a relief when you are losing a key piggy. Give yourself all the time you need to grieve such a unique personality.

I am so sorry to hear you have lost your special piggy. After what sounds like a tough start in life she had a wonderful home with you and her piggie family. Be kind to yourself as you grieve.

Beautiful! That photograph of Eil and Basil face to face is breathtaking, they were clearly in love with each other ❤️

I’m so sorry you lost your girl, it’s heartbreaking. Be gentle with yourself. She will be popcorning with her friends over the rainbow bridge - and she had the best life possible with you ❤️

Back