• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Duke's toofie trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Today i went to the vets for his toofie trim, thinking it would be better than last times disaster.
No it was worse.....
It took about 25 minutes and i was concerned why it took sooo long, when Kim (vets) came out she was shocked the poor little fella had the molars meeting together and one of the other molars was growing out to the side, i feel such a lousy slave .
Because of him throwing that fit last time and being all weak etc.. they gave him metacam whilst under.... i had to stay 2 hours cause he would not stop trying to lie on his side and he was upset and it was awful, i cried, they were wonderful. He was shakey and just wanted me all the time. And he'd not done a pee for more than 2 1/2 hrs so i called when i got home and they suggested i put a cold wet cotton ball on his man bits to stimulate him to wee, i popped him down on his blankey and he weed, YAYYYY!
Poor little guy they had to chop off his lower incisors real short and top ones too as they were broken at the back, i mean what else does this little guy have to go thru with his toofies?
He had extra water given plus glucose as well, she wants to do tests on him, she thinks maybe diabetic. But as he was so ill and distressed she said wait till next time i have to go in. I have to call again tomorrow on how he's gone, he can't pickup food so he's not eating. I've got him on CC. I'll be feeding him again about midnight then i'll get up a couple of times thru the night and feed him also.
Please cross your paws for him, he's not young anymore and this is not good for him.

Poor little man, he seems to have such trouble with his teeth from what I have read from your posts Glynis. You say you've been a bad piggie slave, I don't see that for a minute, you are wonderful piggie mum, what else can you do? It sounds like its a no-win situation. What makes their teeth get so bad, is it say, a hereditary thing, or something they get when older? It sounds like it's really stressful for him to have the work done, how awful to not be able to pick up his food, and how heartbreaking for you.

Everything crossed for you both, thinking of you
x

Aww, Glynis! No way are you a bad piggy slave! Doesnt it prove to you that he is 7? You must be doing a good job. Aww poor dukey! I hope he gets stronger soon!
Thinking of you and Duke!

Katie x

Glynis
I have only been on here a short while, from all I have read, Duke couldn't ask for a better mummy.
Sending a BIG ((((((((((((((( HUG ))))))))))))))) to you and Duke. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Anne. Xx

Aww Glynis poor Duke :( he's such a lil trooper with his damn teeth & you're not a bad slave, you adore your boy & he you :smitten: :smitten:

Thinking about you & sending The Chubster lots of get well wishes :-* :-* :smitten:

You are a wonderful mum! And he knows it and loves you for it.

I tell my toofie boy Captain all about brave, strong Duke, over in Oz!

Oh no, sorry to hear this Glynis, poor Dukey :(
You are the best piggy mum ever, see how Duke wanted you with him?
Fingers, legs, toes and arms crossed for your little boy :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
you take care too. Let us know how he goes :)

Glynis, I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor Duke must be worn out with all this. Sending you both loads of love and healing.

Love from Caroline too x

I"m really sorry to hear about Duke.You certainly aren"t a bad piggy mum and he loves and trusts you ,thats why he wanted to be with you.I hope you have a good night with him and he eats lots of cc.
Spice is sending lots of wobbly hugs too.

Thankyou all, we had a rough night in the sense that i was up every 2 hrs and fed him a couple of times with CC, he gets about 2 tablespoons at a time and heaps of water too O0 I'm tired but to see this little guy try to eat and not be able to well it's heart breaking. Ooooo i hate toofie problems >:(
He does want to eat so that's positive but he's getting so frustrated, i did help him this morning by hand feeding some of his pellets and some canteloupe i literally have to shove it in his mouth :(
He's lost some weight but was at a good starting weight so i'm not too concerned about that area as yet.

Special kisses from Duke (aka chubster) and me to you all :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
i'll be pming a few of you to thankyou too, just need a bit of time, will try to do so later today, you'll all be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

p.s. little Spice we think about you everyday and say piggie prayers for you too, thanks for your wobbly wishes, we love them :smitten:

Aw Glynis i've only just saw this thread, really sorry! Poor little Duke, sounds very traumatic for both of you but he's being a brave boy still trying to eat, keeping my fingers crossed for you and Duke and my lot (especially Ralfie) will be sending love to you both, hope he's feeling all better soon and the toofie problems go away for good (if Ralfie can have a miracle so can Duke)
Love Emma x

Duke you really are such a special boy and you have a wonderful mummy!

We really hope you are soon feeling much better. :smitten:

Love Debbie, Schmichael, Snap, Goggles, Demon, Leah, Blossom, Petal, Clare, Hannah, Zach, Buster, Ben, Patch, Pixie, Dixie, Skye, Toffee, Poppet, Joe, Ralfie and Berby :-* :-* :-*

Thankyou all :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

LOL Debbie must've taken you ages to sign off ;) :smitten: :smitten:

Glynis said:
LOL Debbie must've taken you ages to sign off ;) :smitten: :smitten:

LOL I put from me and Schmichael and then added Snap and Goggles because they are downstairs with me and then thought it seems wrong to miss the others out. I had to do a count up to make sure I hadn't left anyone out!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

He doesn't want to eat his CC and i've been helping him by hand feeding small pieces of food, even this was difficult this morning :(
I left to go to work and told Dee to make sure he gets lots of water and to try her best with the CC feeding and nibblies...
He's getting so frustrated not being able to pickup his food :(

Now come on Duke :)

Please try to eat for your slave and all your friends ACROSS THE WORLD. (Now that's a lot of friends).

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

It sure is Chubster boy, come on, we're ALL rooting for you :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Keep trying to eat Duke mate! You willl soon start to feel much better!

You are a lucky boy having such a good mummy to look after you! :smitten:

My mummy keeps going out and leaving me so I'm not happy with her! :(

Love Schmichael! x

awwwwwww Schmichael, you go chat to the girlies whilst mummy is out and then when she comes home you can run up and give her a big :-* :-* :-* :-*

Thanks for that Debbie and crew :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

He is very lucky and spoilt :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Auntie Lucinda :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

This afternoon he made a real effort he managed to 'gum' up some bits of broccoli leaf (from the baby broccolini) he loved it O0 O0
Each CC feed i spend another 30-45 mins hand feeding him bits of fruit, leafies and cauli and corn etc... he's loving it today :smitten:
and he's slurping up heaps of water from the syringe O0

Glad to hear that :smitten:
We are all thinking of you Dukey :smitten: :smitten:

Great news Glynis. O0
Well done Duke. :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back