Diy question

lavender91

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm looking to make my own cage liners I have fleece but I'm looking for a inside filling and I was wondering if polyfil would work I've seen u haul moving pads on youtube videos but I currently don't have access to them but I have poly fil so would this work? See photos first photo is what youtubers recommend second photo is what I'm asking about

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241015_074307_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20241015_074307_Chrome.webp
    98.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 71haruh5yEL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.webp
    71haruh5yEL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 1
I can’t answer as I’ve never made fleece liners with an absorbent filling. I’ve made mine simply from fleece to wick through with puppy pads underneath to absorb the pee. Several members make their own and I’m sure they will comment.

Here are links to helpful guides

I use quilted mattress protectors cut to size , some people use Zorb or batting. I think the pollyfil would be lumpy, it looks like a loose fibre for stuffing?

I wouldn’t personally use polyfill as it isn’t very absorbent and getting it evenly spread across the whole liner would be difficult - I have used both zorb (more expensive, but keeps the fleece nice and dry) and wadding/batting when sewing fleece

I have heard of people using mattress protectors too, as mentioned, which can be more cost effective

The main thing you want is something to absorb all the pee and keep things nice and dry for the piggies - I find zorb the most effective for that (without using something like puppy pads), so I pay a little more to make the liners and pads and then use batting for beds that I can change out more often

Back