Diy Piggie Toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfectpets11

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Guinea pigs can be quite playful when they want to be. A lot of toys out there are very expensive so I am gonna start my own little diy toy series. These toys will be cheap, easy to make and I can guarantee your piggies and bunnies will love them!

The wrapping roller ( christmas cracker)
1. Take a toilet roll tube or a kitchen roll tube
2. Take some wrapping paper and wrap the tube in it
3. Scrunch one end of the wrapping paper so nothing can fall out
4. The other end should still be open, u can now put in your treats
5. Scrunch this end as well
6. Pop it in the cage and watch your piggies tear it apart for their treats!

These diy toys will use no dangerous products/ materials and they are made to prevent boredom when u aren't with your pets
Give these in moderation as some treats are sugary
This toy should last up to a week or possibly even more

Send me pics of your pets with these toys as I would love to see them

Perfectpets11
x

Hahah they are really cool aren't they! Did they enjoy them?!?

Excellent idea, free piggie toys are always great, I will give it a go next week and post pigtures!

Haha thank u all so much! I just like making animals happy haha x I agree free toys are gr8 haha I'll be making more of these diy threads probably tomorrow!

Will give it a go too, they already have loo rolls stuffed with hay but will try this aswell.

Haha why would u need a paper bag hahahaha x u could put some hay in it and scrub it up in a ball for them to get the hay out x

Here's Chico (one of my pigs) enjoying his wrapping roller!

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 23
my animals love these as well :) I have to make the ones for my rat 'extra hard' with multiple layers of paper because she's a clever little thing. food is the only thing pigs are willing to 'play' for!

Here is my boys wrapping roller after 1 day!

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 15
There are ways to reuse these toys

For hamsters they can use the empty chubs as tunnels and for rabbits,piggies and bigger pets u. An make these

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    57.5 KB · Views: 16
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    64.8 KB · Views: 14
I bought my boys some posher toys when I was a virgin piggie owner....only for them to never touch them and I accidently dropped an empty kitchen paper roll in Poes cage... he went wild tossing it about..needless to say I save every toilet roll we have now and off I go :)

Haha I'm exactly the same haha little stash hehe x we r like squirrels and hamsters hah #stash x

olxlCIP.jpg

Haha wow thx for posting x looks like they are having fun x

Hahahaha I thought the little white piggie (soz don't know names) was chewing the bottom! Hahaha oops! X it's just my bad eyes hah x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back