• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Discomfort going to the toilet!

He had Metacam and Tramadol for a few months, when that no longer managed his pain we unfortunately had to say goodbye. He had a large stone in his bladder and kidney. The vet did say she could try removing the kidney but didn't recommend it as the chances were he would develop more stones and it would be a very expensive operation. We had already spent over £5,000 on him by that time.
I had another boy who had a stone removed and never got another one, he lived for another 2 years and died from an unrelated illness. There's no way f knowing how these things will turn out. You can only be guided by your vet as to the chances of stones recurring.
I'm thinking of you, it's such a difficult situation to be in.

He had Metacam and Tramadol for a few months, when that no longer managed his pain we unfortunately had to say goodbye. He had a large stone in his bladder and kidney. The vet did say she could try removing the kidney but didn't recommend it as the chances were he would develop more stones and it would be a very expensive operation. We had already spent over £5,000 on him by that time.
I had another boy who had a stone removed and never got another one, he lived for another 2 years and died from an unrelated illness. There's no way f knowing how these things will turn out. You can only be guided by your vet as to the chances of stones recurring.
I'm thinking of you, it's such a difficult situation to be in.
Yeah it sucks, he was so much better after his first op just a shame another one has turned up. He’s on metacam right now and still seems very much himself apart from a little discomfort when peeing so hopefully he can stay this way for awhile as horrible as it sounds I’d much rather him go in his own time than have to make the decision to put him to sleep but I guess that’s how it is sometimes :(

I’m so sorry to hear this. Popcorn high over the bridge Joey. Take care ❤️

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Sending you my very best wishes.
Sleep tight Joey.

Back