Count to ten before the seniors get here!

I'm perfectly capable of using whichever spelling you would prefer, and I frequently do try to adjust based on who will be reading. I'm pretty sure both sides of the pond have the same grammatical rules in regards to structure and punctuation. Apparently, CSE grade 4 doesn't include using semi-colons either ...

I'm perfectly capable of using whichever spelling you would prefer, and I frequently do try to adjust based on who will be reading. I'm pretty sure both sides of the pond have the same grammatical rules in regards to structure and punctuation. Apparently, CSE grade 4 doesn't include using semi-colons either ...

I have grade 1 CSE English and that didn't include the use of colons or semi-colons either!

If you're going to mess with their signatures, you could at least punctuate them correctly, you know, with commas preceding a coordinating conjunction and after a direct address.

Wha? My CSE Grade 1 in English didn't cover co-ordinating conjunction and direct addresses come to think of it!

Oh btw 0

Someone needs a semi colonic irrigation! 🤣🤣🤣

What grammar did it cover if it didn't include conjunctions and punctuation?

My Junior school believed in freedom of expression and not much grammar. I was never taught what a noun, pronoun, adjective, verb, adverb, conjunction, preposition etc was. I was taught the very basics like where to put a comma, full stop, question mark, exclamation make and how to use speech marks correctly. Senior school was a bit better but I never really understood it all properly.

Someone needs a semi colonic irrigation! 🤣🤣🤣

My doctor's office did send me a notice that I'm supposed to schedule a colonoscopy, but that's unrelated and a different type of colon. Ah, homonyms.
Semi-colons happen to be my favourite punctuation. Yes, I do have a favourite punctuation.

My infant school wouldn't let learn to write left handed, after 3 warnings I had to sit on my left hand. Mine was 1986.
Did they have cars then boss?

My Junior school believed in freedom of expression and not much grammar. I was never taught what a noun, pronoun, adjective, verb, adverb, conjunction, preposition etc was. I was taught the very basics like where to put a comma, full stop, question mark, exclamation make and how to use speech marks correctly. Senior school was a bit better but I never really understood it all properly.
I learned more about punctuation writing police statements and reports. 👍

Tbh I don't remember getting taught grammar as part of the GCSE at asll. My clearest memories are of my very patient teacher telling me I needed to do an oral presentation as part of the course and she didn't care if I just talked sh**e for 2 minutes because I had (quote unquote) "the gift of the gab and it was time I put it to good use".

She was a great teacher, lol.

Back