• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

can guinea pigs have epilepsy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Lez
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so happy its not epilepsy, very good news!

by his reactions to tests, and my descriptions, and because it hasnt effected specific parts of his behaviour, and the fact hes taking so long to recover from his sleeping. avarything that could be checked was checked and he was perfectly healthy otherwise. also because this is the first one he has had to my knowledge. apparently if this is what he has, it will only happen occasionally, nowhere near as frequent as epileptic fits.

apparently what happened to him is more like a mini stroke type thing than a seizure to describe it better. its more likely genetic than epilepsy/caused by something. its complicated and hard to describe, so now i gotta try and find out if the previous owner knew anything about it, or even noticed. but he doesnt need medication and can live normally with it, i just have to make sure hes comfortable if it happens again. its fairly unlikely it was a one off.

Juust a thought but have the vets details been posted in the recommended vets thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back