C&C or hutches better for shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it will be ok to put them outside in december? Especially if 4 of them are still babies really? x

jnenbnb said:
Do you think it will be ok to put them outside in december? Especially if 4 of them are still babies really? x

If your putting them into a heated shed I class it as indoor piggies ;) My shed is as warm as the house I have just been out to switch the light off and it is 18c in there which is as warm as my house :) I have done it this way so I can change groups over into the house so that all get house time in the cc cage ;) and there is no worry of temperture change for them.

I am sure they will be fine out in the shed lots of hay ect ;) :) One other thing though I saw you wanted to get two Thistle Hall hutches for your shed, I have one in mine and its HUGE I also have the Sage House in there and there is not a lot of room in there my shed is 10ft by 6ft which is the size your wanting. I also have two small hutches stacked on top on each other and another hutch on top of the Sage house. I store all food in the shed as well as a bale of hay.
Rabbit shack do hutches which are a double hutch but two seperates if you know what I mean. I wish I had got those instead might be worth looking at :) Next spring we are building hutches into the shed so I can design what I want in there. Good luck with your shed I love mine :)

Thanks thats really helpful :) didnt think there would be much room but just want to give them as much space as possible because they're used to 3x4 C&Cs. I will look at different hutches, id love built in ones but got nobody to do it :( oh well some day lol! x

Lino is brilliant for lining hutches. I want to put lino over my shed floor but it will have to wait unil next spring now.

Also if you are putting the hutches up outside of the shed make sure they can actually fit through the door! :D We had that problem, couldn't get the Lavander Lodge through the door, short by 4 inches! But then my shed is really a play shed with a narrow door for children! The amount of times I've banged my head on it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back