C&C in playhouse?

Wow, looks amazing - what lucky boars you have! We will get girls due to more limited space but want it as nice as possible for them :-)

One more question- do you line your enclosure with Correx or similar? The one I'm looking at has pet safe treated wood but wondering what else I would need.

I would suggest you line it so there’s no chance of the wee soaking into the wood. Mine live in a hutch outside and I lined the bottom with lino. Sides were also lined with correx.

Thanks. Any recommendations for places to get Correx, ideally cut to size?

I would also suggest its lined with correx or lino
Thanks. Any recommendations for places to get Correx, ideally cut to size?

You can get correx from Amazon or from sign makers.
If you get it from Amazon, it won’t be to size but it is so easy to cut with scissors, and you can join pieces together with tape so get it to fit how you need it to

35cm sides are fine. It’s the height of a c&c grid.

I assume this is for in your house?

Last edited:
I would also suggest its lined with correx or lino

You can get correx from Amazon or from sign makers.
If you get it from Amazon, it won’t be to size but it is so easy to cut with scissors, and you can join pieces together with tape so get it to fit how you need it to

35cm sides are fine. It’s the height of a c&c grid.

I assume this is for in your house?
Thank you, yes for in the house

Thank you. What kind of absorbant material would you recommend over correx?

Thank you. What kind of absorbant material would you recommend over correx?

You can just add in your bedding of choice - and there are a lot of options!

You can go down the fleece route -
- Lay down puppy pads (you can get washable ones to reduce wastage), and then lay a single fleece layer on top.
- proper custom made fleece liners (these have the absorbent layer already stitched in - so are a layer of fleece, absorbent layer in the middle, fleece on top).
- disposable beddings such as megazorb, aubiose, shavings, paper bedding etc
(if you use a disposable bedding some people choose to still lay puppy pads or newspaper down underneath it so the correx doesn’t get too dirty)

Bedding For Guinea Pigs - Overview
A Detailed Guide For Fleece Bedding
Members recommended UK and US sites for fleece cage liners and accessories

Outside, my boys are bedding on megazorb topped with hay. When they have to come indoors they are on puppy pads and a single fleece layer

Back