C&C cage cube stockists

• Thread starter Thread starter Racheylcg
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Emma,

That's fantastic thanks for your help! Yeah I was thinking I'd have to make 2 cages, sort of re-inforce the top one. Was this in B&Q or the other shop further up (Not sure of them name all I know is that it has a red front...lol) Peter will know the name he always wants to go in it but I'm always say nah, not worth it! :D

I'm going to get cracking on Wednesday cleaning on the shed, it's full of toys but nothing that can't be brought inside, especially the bikes and put in the utility room.

Thanks again!

Louise
:)

That is one heck of a piggie house! They must have the run of a spare room perhaps? I need a third bedroom!

The upper level isnt to bad to clean as the ramp folds up and i can get udnerneath to brush it out :D
and boureki if it is my cages you are talking about, they are in the shed, but my dad and uncle insulated it all and painted it and it is probably warmer then my bedroom in there :) (they also have some curtains over the windows now and a heater for very cold nights and the door is a stable door with mesh so they can get fresh air during the day so the don't get to warm) which is why it probably looks like a room and if your not talking to me then oops sorry ;D

It's not B&Q it's like further up, not sure of the colour ;D maybe blue and red lol! it's past the turn of for B&Q and P@H and the next left, it's on that site but sort of tucked away so you'll have to search for it lol it's not hard to find though, hope that makes sense x

I know the one, yeah it's the one I can't remember the name of! I've just measured the shed, I can do a 7foot by 2foot which is a great size would have preferred 3 foot but I'll need room to get in and out when cleaning it! The pigguns are in a 6ft 2 at the mo so it's a similar size!

I'm turning into a right little Wendy (from Bob the Builder! ;D)

Louise

Hehe that's what i was like! Mine have the spare room to themselves so when we were making it i was like 'MAKE IT BIGGER!' it's fun to do :) i will be adding extentions and conservatories to my piggies' house when the room is cleared out properly ;D let us know how it goes, anymore questions i'm glad to help :) x

Thanks will do. I'll just work out prices and sell loads on Ebay to fund it. If I start now it will be ready for October. :)

vikkixgrissomxgizmo said:
The upper level isnt to bad to clean as the ramp folds up and i can get udnerneath to brush it out :D
and boureki if it is my cages you are talking about, they are in the shed, but my dad and uncle insulated it all and painted it and it is probably warmer then my bedroom in there :) (they also have some curtains over the windows now and a heater for very cold nights and the door is a stable door with mesh so they can get fresh air during the day so the don't get to warm) which is why it probably looks like a room and if your not talking to me then oops sorry ;D

Yes, it looks like a room, and looks great!

hi what is it u use to line it and do u still use sawdust or just wipe it down?

I use old couch throws, no sawdust, then just hoover the poo and hay off and shove the throw in the wash :) simple! x

wow it looks brill just got to pursuade hubby now that its better than the indoor hutch cleaner and all that he always moans it smells after a couple of days, i just tell him he smells worse, ive tried put some pics on ov my babies but it just tells me theyre 2 big. i currently have 12 piggies at the mo 2 male 3 female and 7 babies

Wow! I want loads of piggies but lately my two have been a bit sick and i've been so stressed out about them so i think i'd be hopeless with loads! I'd be crying all the time lol!Hope you get some pics up of your lot soon, i'd help but i haven;t got a clue how to resize them sorry! But yeh it's been easier to clean the C&C than my other indoor cage, i tend to put newspaper down under the throw to try to soak the wee up and then just give the bottom a wipe down with some pet disinfectant and water then put a new throw down, its really much easier :) x

ive just been reading about ure 2 hope theyre better soon, the babies r really cute I'm going to keep 1 maybe 2, its hard work as i have to small kids as well but they love them as much as me :smitten: :smitten:

Aw! Wish i could take some off your hands :) it's driving me mad because i have the space/time/money to have a couple more, i'd love another 2 girlies to live nextdoor to mine but i just get too attached! I'm the same with my cat lol, he sneezes and he's at the vets haha! x

Emma,

Is it Wickes? ROFL I think It's just come to me! I've looked on their website but can't find the cubes but we have a Wickes in Hunts Cross here so I'll have a look tonight!

I've worked it out, I'm going to do 5ft by 2ft for the boys and 4ft by 2ft for the girls! My shed is 8ft by 4ft so I think this is a good size as I want to be able to get into the shed! Single levelled with the girls ontop with a closed roof for them.

Are they easy to clean? Once you've put the plastic down do you just put hay down? Or do you have to line it?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions I just want a rough idea of price.

Louise

Hi louise, no i don't think wickes do them, we tried there, the place we got ours from is called screwfix, they've probably got a website if you google it but their store is on aintree retail park, the turn off after B&Q :) they are easy to clean i'd say, at first i bought 2 cheap fleeces from P@H think they were £5 and just put them on top of the plastic to keep them warm but now i use two old couch throws and vetbed on the top level, then i just hoover off the poop and hay they've dropped and then shove the throws and vetbed in the wash, then i just wipe the plastic down with pet disinfectant and put another throw on, i think it's an idea to put newspaper under the throw aswell to absorb wee, hope this makes sense, Love Emma x

Hi, just caught up with this thread. As Boureki said, I have a 5 x 2 cage on top with my 2 bonded boars in it and underneath, completely seperate I have 2 4x2 cages with one boar each in. If you are interested, I can post some pics on how I built it :)

Hi Emma, thanks I've not seen that shop I'll go up on Wednesday.

Jade if you could post some pics up that would be great. I've a rough idea on how to do it and I've made some diagrams but seeing the actual thing would be great!

Thanks!

Louise

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
Hi Emma, thanks I've not seen that shop I'll go up on Wednesday.

Jade if you could post some pics up that would be great. I've a rough idea on how to do it and I've made some diagrams but seeing the actual thing would be great!

Thanks!

Louise

oh id love to see how - PLEASE ;D :D :D

That's what I am doing Iloveanimals I can't wait to do it! Got to paint the shed first! :D

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
That's what I am doing Iloveanimals I can't wait to do it! Got to paint the shed first! :D

;D ;D cool are you painting it inside or outside ? Ive just painted mine outside but not inside - Ive planned out how its all gonna be already and itll be really cool.

Ok here are some pics, the light is fading so hope you can see them ok
From above
dressandpiggies045.jpg

Timmys cage, underneath on the right. I put one grid in the middle for stability and 2 pieces of timber one grid apart running across the whole width of the two cages to hold the weight of the top cage
dressandpiggies042.jpg

Lennies cage to the left
dressandpiggies041.jpg

From the front
dressandpiggies039.jpg

Another one from above
dressandpiggies038.jpg

You may be able to do yours slightly better. I am always thinking of improvements and want to move the whole thing into the corner so I can make the cages a bit bigger but I have to move the TV point first. Havent got around to it yet!

When I had my piggies inside they had pretty simple cages - first a 2x4, then like, a 2x3 and 2x2 joined together, creating the space of a 2x5...then they had a 2x5 with one extra grid, so basically 11 grids of floorspace. When they come back in for winter it's just going to be a simple shape though, weird shapes are too hard to get bedding and stuff to fit.

I love this thread because I've got new ideas for my cage now..I'm just wondering where everything is gunna fit in my room ;D I'm having it on a stand this time too because on the floor annoys me - my piggies are really shy still so they are terrified when on the floor and I also kill myself to clean them out. I also used lino on the floor, I'm thinking about getting some correx off ebay though..I think they'll be on lino again at first then maybe I'll invest in some correx ;)

I look at photos of other peoples cages and mine never look that great though lol, it annoys me and I have no idea why :D

but anyway, thought I'd post a picture of mine when I had it cos I'm feeling left out haha. I think in every pic I have it's messy :D ::)

DSCN0700.jpg

https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/rainbow-twist/DSCN0701.jpg
DSCN0702.jpg

and underneath -
https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/rainbow-twist/DSCN0706.jpg
https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/rainbow-twist/DSCN0707.jpg

yippee i've convinced hubby that i can get some need to clean out the shed now so that i can have loads ov guinea pigs he really doesnt know what hes let himself in for >:D

I was going to try a c&C cage bought the correx had the grids and connectors but hubby put foot down and said no it would be too messy. >:( :tickedoff:

Thats brilliant! :D Thanks for sharing!

Louise

P.S I'll be painting the front of the shed, it's actually the girls play shed but its ideal for winter until I can get a proper piggy shed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back