C&C cage cube stockists

• Thread starter Thread starter Racheylcg
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Racheylcg

I am seriously considering a C&C cage, or at least a C&C run, but it is proving VERY diffucult to get my hands on the cubes. Which ENglish store has them? I have found one or two american stockists, but the price is normally very expensive-thats ithout the shipping costs,too! I am looking for a stockist with large packs for under £20-if thats possible.

Mine are from screwfix, 16 grids and connectors for £18, i baught 2 packs and built a 3x4 cage with a 3x1 upper level and still have a lot of grids spare, i've heard B&Q can do them too but you have to get them ordered in because most stores dont have them in stock x

Screwfix sell packs of four cubes for about £19 I think..they're the mesh ones but still work great (and also better if you have baby piggies!) you can buy them online at the screwfix website or in store :)

Hmmm......how many cubes will I need for a cage thats say, 1.5x0.75? I know its not great, but I cant get one thats much bigger due to space and cost :( MAybe with an upper level that covers half the top, so 0.75x0.4?

Well i think each grid is about a foot each way, so you'd need 5grids by3 probably, that's not small mine is 4 grids by 3 and they have plenty of space, maybe u could judge what you'd need by this pic?

DSC02475.jpg

Hope that helps, Love Emma x

So thats 24 cubes and that looks great, thanks thats great I'll try and get them soon, if I can persuade my parents :( unlikely

I know what you mean, parents can be the hard part at times, it makes a huge difference to their personalities having so much space, you'll notice the difference :) x

MMy Dads not convinced about it, even though I offered to pay for the cubes and the lino out of my money. Come to think of it, can anyone think of an alternative flooring to lino?

Hehe! They seem to like it, they popcorn when you put them back in and go mad rather than doing that in the run lol!

You can buy a plastic called correx, if you go into the 'housing' section one of the 'important topics' is about correx and it gives you a link to a site which sells it, with this you can sort of make a tray to go inside the cage like a bottom x

Hi I'm afraid my parents dont want correx they want something easy and cheap...If I put a big plastic sheet on the floor (hard to explain but water proof so its fine) and then newspaper on top and then bedding-would that be ok. That would mean the cage had no bottom, as I'm concerned about the cost of that many cubes.

We have a C&C cage for our boys, but I wish they would bond they would have so much more space! At present we have the Screwfix C&C grids, they're great. How did you manage to get the top layer sturdy, did you have to put grid underneath poking into the cage (like making little cubicles)? We are trying to figure out way to do that to maximise their space. We have 2 x 2.5 grids each for our boys space wise like this:

CNCCage.jpg

Racheylcg, our correx was about £8 per sheet which we cut to make the two trays for each section of the cage. The grids supplied by Screwfix were £18 and you could make a 5 x 2 grid cage with that - you may have to cable tie a couple of grids as they don't supply enough connectors though! So you could get a piggie palace for much less than a standard cage.
If you look in the yellow pages under Sign Makers, you could always call a couple and get some quotes. Our huge sheet was 8ft by 4ft and they cut it in half for us so we could collect it, otherwise they would have charged us another tenner for delivery.

I still dont know about the correx-my parents are doubtful enoguh about the C&C cage already and any extra fuss would probably push them over the edge....
I wanted it to to be double floored but thats looking unlikely too.........
It will probably be a long cage, say 5+ cubes x 2 cubes, which would fit the space we're thikin of, so if it was double floored the second flloor would probably be 2 cubes x 2 cubes, which I suppose is good...thing is, we'll need Correx then.....

Boureki, it managed to hold itself up ok lik that, ours are screwfix too, but for extra security i did this:

DSC02485.jpg

DSC02486.jpg

i dont know how well u can see it, but its going accross rather than length ways if u know what i mean, and it holds it quite well, iv hit it quite hard to make sure they're not goin to knock it aswell :)

Ther's my little pigies in the pic too :smitten: excuse the state of the cage its due a clean lol x

Your cage looks fab btw, i love their little snuggly houses!

Racheylcg, you won't need correx for the upper level, i just use a folded fleece, or old towels or something may be good? and the correx isnt much bother and it stops hay getting all over the place which I'm sure your parents will see as a bonus :) x

Sorry guys. My parents have just very firmly put their feet down on this one. I would have loved to make them one but I think its too late now after having them for a year. If I get more guine pigs after these my parents have said they might consider a C&C cage, or when our one gets broken. Well, Millies solidy chewing away at the divider to the sleeping compartment, so that might be something :)
Sorry to have wasted all your time :-\ You have very nice hutches for your piggies O0

Well I've decided I'm doing a C&C in the shed, it will be better for the pigs and less costly than 2 hutch huggers! :D

Just got to clean the shed out and paint it! Will keep you posted!

Louise
:)

hi Emma, thanks for the info, we'll give that a go. But how on earth did you manage to bend the grids to make the chute / ramp? You must have arms of steel ;D

Rachey, at east you have some ideas if you manage to get one sorted in the future :)

what a great cage what do they come under on the screwfix site i have to mke 1 ov those :smitten:

What I want to know without starting a new thread is can a two tier cage be built I was thinking 5 foot by 3 foot for the boys and upstairs a 5 foot by 2 foot for the girls with no way for the boys to get upstairs of course.

Would that be ok? Or not on? I'd like to do that if possible!

Thanks!

Louise

LOL! I just mentioned that to Marty and he just looked at me in horror! ;D Thanks for the tip, we'll give it a go!

Thanks Bou! It will really be better if I could make a 2 story one in terms of space. I've 3 boys and 2 girls so the boys need more space than the girls.

Louise i think it'd be fine to do that but you may need one or two grids under the upper level sort of in the boys area to keep it sturdy if that makes sense? Also you can get them from screwfix on aintree retail park, the turn off after P@H by pizza hut :) £18 i think it was for 16 grids so you'd probs need 2 packs Love Emma x

I ordered mine of screwfix as well but I got 18 grids in each pack :-\ and I built a 4.5x3 with a 2x3 upper level and then some for the other side (you will see what I mean in picture). I think I used two boxes with some left over.

DSCF0655.jpg

DSCF0656.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back