Bonding Boars - 3 year old bereaved "Terrence" and 11 week old "Patch"

Lovely, thanks for confirming, we will hold our nerve 😅 Terrence and Desmond had a great relationship (which had it's moments of arguments but nothing major) and Patch is extremely similar to Desmond (it's quite scray actually!), so fingers crossed they make it 🤞

Things are continuing to improve!

Saturday afternoon was the best time - Terrence didn't chatter his teeth once at Patch, and Patch was leaving him along to drink water, eat hay, etc. Or, if Terrence was at a piece of hay that Patch wanted, he let Terrence know politely and Terrence moved off with no issues.

Sunday we had a few grumbles/teeth chatters, and we've had the same today, but it's like a switch slipped on Saturday lunchtime, and it's mostly stayed that way since. So hopefully... fingers crossed 🤞 they've made it!

Patch is so much more settled which I think hugely helps. I've told Terrence that as the older piggie, we know he's in charge really, he just needs to let Patch think that he's in charge 🤣 seems to have done the trick anyway 😃

Aside from keeping an eyeout whilst we could still be in the dominance phase, and over the next or so for any mad hormone spikes on Patch's part, is there anything you'd advise doing to help them/keep an eye?

Thanks again everyone for your help with this. Here's a photo from Friday - you can see how flopped and chilled Terrence is!

Attachments

• IMG_20230901_203438043.webp
    IMG_20230901_203438043.webp
    50.4 KB · Views: 3
That’s great news. I had a teenager piggy (Percy) who was bereaved and I had to bond him with a baby. When the baby (Pepper) grew up he “thought” he was boss but he really wasn’t. Percy was just so laid back and kind and everything worked out fine. Good luck. I hope things continue to go so well. 🤞🏻

That’s great news. I had a teenager piggy (Percy) who was bereaved and I had to bond him with a baby. When the baby (Pepper) grew up he “thought” he was boss but he really wasn’t. Percy was just so laid back and kind and everything worked out fine. Good luck. I hope things continue to go so well. 🤞🏻
Aww amazing. That's such a lovely story ❤️ fingers crossed I'll be able to tell a similar one! 😊

Back