Bonding a 4 month old boar

Oh sorry, I read it correctly and then posted incorrectly!
It doesn’t matter really which one you get. It would be nice if they match but chartwells are nice hutches and as I say probably a bit bigger internally
We’ve gone for the chartwell, picking it up tomorrow to give it a good clean down and a new coat of paint.

Thanks!

I don’t have, I’ve just been using vinegar and water. Would it be beneficial to buy some anyway?

Yes I’d say so. F10 kills everything including ringworm (vinegar and water is just a mild disinfectant, it won’t kill much). I use it every six weeks or so to spray down all my hutches and wipe hides etc.
Do you know what animal was housed in the hutch before?

Yes I’d say so. F10 kills everything including ringworm (vinegar and water is just a mild disinfectant, it won’t kill much). I use it every six weeks or so to spray down all my hutches and wipe hides etc.
Do you know what animal was housed in the hutch before?
Guinea pigs it’s says but it does look quite gross in the pictures. I was planning on buying some f10 earlier but never got round to it.

I buy the F10 concentrate rather than the ready made as I have spray bottles around anyway, but I’ve seen others say they bought the ready made first time so that they had the bottle. Once it was used, then got the concentrate from then on, so as to be able to use the original spray bottle.

My mums not going to give me money to buy “overpriced disinfectant”, so i’m going to have to wait until I get paid which will be about a week but I planned to have everyone moved and sorted by the end of this week.

Are there any store bough disinfectants that do the same (that are animal safe), or perhaps the animal safe disinfectant that pets at homes sells?

My mums not going to give me money to buy “overpriced disinfectant”, so i’m going to have to wait until I get paid which will be about a week but I planned to have everyone moved and sorted by the end of this week.

Are there any store bough disinfectants that do the same (that are animal safe), or perhaps the animal safe disinfectant that pets at homes sells?

The pet shop disinfectants are fine as a general disinfecfant (similar to that which vinegar and water does), they just won’t kill everything like F10 does (f10 is the only thing which kills ringworm for example).

The pet shop disinfectants are fine as a general disinfecfant (similar to that which vinegar and water does), they just won’t kill everything like F10 does (f10 is the only thing which kills ringworm for example).
Is it dangerous to put my boy in that hutch without using f10? My bluebell was second hand too and thankfully it didn’t cause any issue, but i’m a bit more educated now and don’t really know what to do.

Unfortunately we took the hutch home and it had the insulating foil stapled to it all the way around so the whole bottom was mouldy and wet. We were going to buy a new bottom but it’s absolutely everywhere, so it’s going to have to go to the skip.

Now I have seen the 5ft, it is quite large. Is the 4ft suitable? I know it “technically” is but i feel bad going for the minimum when I ‘could’ get a bigger one but my mum just won’t allow it.

Yea that one is fine but it is 10cm wider and 10cm longer than the bluebell

And please don’t apologise - I’m happy to help!
Thats great, so its slightly bigger than the one I have now.

I was thinking, I move Reggie and friend into this new one across from the old one and have Winston alone on the bottom half of the old one. Then when it was Winstons day in the run Reggie and friend get to enjoy their hutch. But I would be less able to create a temporary add on alongside the run to give Winston some face to face time with them.

Will Winston feel lonely running around the run by himself? Where as if I put Winston in the new hutch, when he has his days in the run he will be alongside the boys fully and I will be able to create a temporary add on even on days when its Reggies run time. But then that means that Reggie and friend have the slightly smaller hutch.

I'm going in circles now, haha. Its down to 110 right now if I order online and I think my mum might go for it, fingers crossed.

Either way will work. As long as winston can have interaction with them through the bars as much as you can offer (as you know it should be 24/7 side by side but given your situation you need to give as much as possible)

Can the looking for Winston harm Reggie’s attempt at bonding with a new friend.

I’ve been watching them and Reggie definitely can’t be alone as he loves having a friend around, it’s just unfortunate that the one he has now is too old to keep up with his antics.

If everything goes well, my plan was to separate them early saturday morning, both with very clean cages and give them a couple hours to settle into this new environment. It’s going to be a sad couple of hours, I wish I could tell them why i’m doing it.

Reggie will really struggle with this as he gets upset when Winstons downstairs and he’s upstairs, so I think introducing his new friend asap would be best, but i’m worried his looking around for Winston will impact his ability to make a new friend.

Can the looking for Winston harm Reggie’s attempt at bonding with a new friend.

I’ve been watching them and Reggie definitely can’t be alone as he loves having a friend around, it’s just unfortunate that the one he has now is too old to keep up with his antics.

If everything goes well, my plan was to separate them early saturday morning, both with very clean cages and give them a couple hours to settle into this new environment. It’s going to be a sad couple of hours, I wish I could tell them why i’m doing it.

Reggie will really struggle with this as he gets upset when Winstons downstairs and he’s upstairs, so I think introducing his new friend asap would be best, but i’m worried his looking around for Winston will impact his ability to make a new friend.

No it shouldn’t harm the bonding

Back