Bluebell Hideaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and the cover I have ordered is the Scratch and Newton! :) I like those much better. Should be arriving Friday.
Can you post a pic of the hutch and cover please once your all set up as I would like to get these covers once my covers need replacing, :) thank you.
Top tip, keep the cover on the hutch from day one to helps the hutch to last long having it covered up all the time, I just lift the front flap up each morning and put it down at night and I put it down if it's windy or raining too :)
Kell

Of course! Yes I'll be getting the rain cover delivered tomorrow hopefully! The thermal one to go underneath should be early next week. I'll take a photo once all is complete! :)

I know! I'm getting really excited now! Want everything perfect before they arrive though so I'll take my time and ensure everything is the very best it can be. I'm thinking of extending the ramp slightly so it isn't as steep.

Do they get used to ramps quickly?

I know! I'm getting really excited now! Want everything perfect before they arrive though so I'll take my time and ensure everything is the very best it can be. I'm thinking of extending the ramp slightly so it isn't as steep.

Do they get used to ramps quickly?
it really depends on the pig, if they feel it is too steep they will be nervous about using it.

Guinea pigs do not really like high ceilings, and often only use one floor in a double decker hutch. The Dandelion Den might be a better choice.
It is 5 foot long, so plenty of room. The only drawback with this hutch is that the roof has no hinges. But you may know someone who could put some on.
P@H sell the covers for this hutch too.

Putting a carpet or towel on the ramp for added grip will make them feel a lot more secure. Once my girls felt safe and that they weren't going to slip down the ramp they pinged up and down it no problem. Some pigs don't like seconds level though, as 7squeakers says, so it all depends on how your pigs take to it :)

Putting a carpet or towel on the ramp for added grip will make them feel a lot more secure. Once my girls felt safe and that they weren't going to slip down the ramp they pinged up and down it no problem. Some pigs don't like seconds level though, as 7squeakers says, so it all depends on how your pigs take to it :)

Great thank you! My dad is building the hutch whilst I'm at work tomorrow. He's got some Lino for the wooden floor and some carpet for the ramp :) at least I know there's a decent space on the lower level until their confidence with it grows.

What I found I had to do with my girls was to place them upstairs a few times and evening, so they had to come downstairs. They got the hang of it. Obviously supervised!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back