• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bladder stone surgery cost

Aw thank you so much, yeah we are both still awake just now watching over her to be honest but she’s not doing a whole lot so think it is time we got to bed too! Thanks for your lovely, kind words, hopefully like you say after all those strong drugs are leaving her system it’s just making her uncomfortable. I might give her another dose of Metacam in the morning, the vet said double dose her if we feel she needs it (so twice a day instead of once).
Thankyou I’ll have a look at that link and maybe a subscription service for filters. Hopefully she just needs a bit of rest, one of the other girls Picnic keeps grooming her and licking her it’s so sweet.

Hello. I put a warm snugglesafe in with my piggy after his bladder op. I hope you manage to get some sleep and Pipsqueak is feeling better in the morning.

Also the vet nurse told me when sending him home he should be walking around by the following afternoon. If you are worried about her recovery get in touch with the vets and see what they advise. Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi everybody, me once again I’m so sorry to be a pest.
It has now been a few days since the procedure and Pipsqueak definitely seems a little brighter and happier, she wheeks for food now which she never used to and is quite hungry and seems to be enjoying her snacks and her cagemates company. However, she spent the whole weekend extremely exhausted, she slept on a blanket on my lap for around 2-3 hours, eyes completely shut exhausted. Her poos were a funny shape (possibly just due to Baytril) and she wasn’t peeing that much, just little dribbles, the smell is strong but now it just smells like ordinary strong urine rather than that awful, really disgusting smell from before.
She is sitting with me just now having some pepper and she went to go to the toilet, she did it again, jumped up, screeched in pain, and seemed to really struggle to pass urine/poo. Is this normal straight after this procedure? Is it just pain from having the catheter etc, surely there is no way the sludge has returned after it has all been cleared days ago along with the chunkier bits (the vet said they were not stones actually but just really hard gritty bits of sludge). Post op exam is on Wednesday, we are continuing with Metacam and Baytril right now. She passed a little amount of blood yesterday too, it looked old though as it was more brownish red than fresh bright red.

Hi all, would someone be able to let me know which vet @BossHogg used for this surgery please? I think I may need to contact them! Or if @Teema could let me know that would be great!

It was
MBM Veterinary Group Kilmarnock
21 Hill Street Kilmarnock, KA31HF
👍

Back