best grain free nuggets for low calcium?

okay thanks, may have to post a picture once its all cut up if thats okay just so i know i’m giving them enough!
If you look at the guide I linked you, it shows a plate with the size of portion they need.

Mine get
1 thin circle of cucumber, a thin slice of pepper, 1 green bean and 2 sprigs of coriander twice daily.

I’ve no idea what that looks like in cup size. I just know that’s what they get daily and it prevented and calmed down bladder flares in those susceptible to bladder problems. My remaining pigs don’t have bladder issues but I am keeping to the tried and tested.

If you look at the guide I linked you, it shows a plate with the size of portion they need.

Mine get
1 thin circle of cucumber, a thin slice of pepper, 1 green bean and 2 sprigs of coriander twice daily.

I’ve no idea what that looks like in cup size. I just know that’s what they get daily and it prevented and calmed down bladder flares in those susceptible to bladder problems. My remaining pigs don’t have bladder issues but I am keeping to the tried and tested.
that’s absolutely brilliant thanks again!

we’ve got no green beans and they get two sprigs of coriander a day each when della gets her medication.. just worried its not enough for the both of them if i can’t feed lettuce or celery😞

Attachments

• F3F33F46-7107-4193-9D41-F8808EEC424E.webp
    F3F33F46-7107-4193-9D41-F8808EEC424E.webp
    112 KB · Views: 3
Hay,hay and more hay is what they need. Veggies make up only about 10% of their diet overall so please don’t worry.

so i’m starting my pigs on a low calcium diet after della having a bladder stone flushed but i’m beginning to worry about the fact they won’t be getting a variety of vegetables (my research shows that a variety of about 7 veggies and herbs is right for a pig) and i don’t want them to be deficient in other nutrients.. things like magnesium and potassium? i was planning on giving them bell pepper, cucumber, coriander daily and green beans when i can get them, keeping at this but i’m now wondering if i should be including other veg a few days a week or something to make sure all nutrition is good? and after reading up about the confusing calcium / phosphors ratio i’m even more lost with the calcium thing! can anyone help please, feeling super overwhelmed and just want the best for my girls!

As we have advised on your other thread, please follow the guide for bladder piggies. You don’t need to worry about anything else. They will get be getting enough nutrition with that and with some pellets (which helps to bridge gaps).
The calcium:phosphorous ratio diet does not take other factors into account and may not be balanced properly and consequently may cause more issues

I certainly do not routinely give mine 7 different herbs and veg. They get the basic four - lettuce, cucumber, coriander, pepper. They might get something else added in but it’s certainly not regularly - they had a couple of spinach leaves yesterday but it could be months before I give that again.

I have asked for this to be merged with your other thread on the same subject. Please do keep to that same thread for all related issues.

As we have advised on your other thread, please follow the guide for bladder piggies. You don’t need to worry about anything else. They will get be getting enough nutrition with that and with some pellets (which helps to bridge gaps).
The calcium:phosphorous ratio diet does not take other factors into account and may not be balanced properly and consequently may cause more issues

I certainly do not routinely give mine 7 different herbs and veg. They get the basic four - lettuce, cucumber, coriander, pepper. They might get something else added in but it’s certainly not regularly - they had a couple of spinach leaves yesterday but it could be months before I give that again.

I have asked for this to be merged with your other thread on the same subject. Please do keep to that same thread for all related issues.
i am sorry, i should stop reading things online as it just makes me worry!
thanks so much for the reassurance, sorry how do i keep it on the same thread?

i am sorry, i should stop reading things online as it just makes me worry!
thanks so much for the reassurance, sorry how do i keep it on the same thread?

Dont be sorry, we are here to help. I think you are overthinking it though, so it would be best to stop reading other things online as it will confuse you. Magnesium, potassium etc in fact all the other vitamins and minerals are in all veg so they will be getting enough. The sample plate in the guide does have a good balance of nutrition hence why it is recommended. The adjustments made for bladder piggies ie only cutting out lettuce in this case means the rest of the diet is still balanced while being kinder to the bladder.

If you go to ‘find threads’ on the top bar, click ‘your threads’ and you will be able to find all your other threads. You can just click on the right one and type your message as normal.

Last edited:
I’ve merged these threads. Please can you keep to this thread for any concerns you may have about your girls’ diet. Opening multiple threads makes it difficult for us to monitor, and ensure that you get the correct advice, as the information ends up scattered about the forum.

Please be assured that the 4 veggies you have listed are ample to supply your piggies with all the nutrition they need in addition to their hay and limited pellets. Please be assured that the advice we are giving you is based upon many years of keeping our own piggies with bladder issues and many years advising other owners on the same issues.

There is so much information out there on the internet that it can feel overwhelming. As a new owners, it can be overwhelming, irrespective of then having a piggy with bladder issues. That is why we try to give tailored practical advice to members. We are here to support you.

Dont be sorry, we are here to help. I think you are overthinking it though, so it would be best to stop reading other things online as it will confuse you. Magnesium, potassium etc in fact all the other vitamins and minerals are in all veg so they will be getting enough. The sample plate in the guide does have a good balance of nutrition hence why it is recommended. The adjustments made for bladder piggies ie only cutting out lettuce in this case means the rest of the diet is still balanced while being kinder to the bladder.

If you go to ‘find threads’ on the top bar, click ‘your threads’ and you will be able to find all your other threads. You can just click on the right one and type your message as normal.
really appreciate it, i’m sorry about the amount i post, like you’ve said i’m a really big over-thinker and worry about pretty much everything😅

oh i see sorry!

really appreciate it, i’m sorry about the amount i post, like you’ve said i’m a really big over-thinker and worry about pretty much everything😅

oh i see sorry!
Don’t worry - we all have loads of questions when we are new to piggy keeping or when we have a new health issue. We were all new owners once upon a time.

I’ve merged these threads. Please can you keep to this thread for any concerns you may have about your girls’ diet. Opening multiple threads makes it difficult for us to monitor, and ensure that you get the correct advice, as the information ends up scattered about the forum.

Please be assured that the 4 veggies you have listed are ample to supply your piggies with all the nutrition they need in addition to their hay and limited pellets. Please be assured that the advice we are giving you is based upon many years of keeping our own piggies with bladder issues and many years advising other owners on the same issues.

There is so much information out there on the internet that it can feel overwhelming. As a new owners, it can be overwhelming, irrespective of then having a piggy with bladder issues. That is why we try to give tailored practical advice to members. We are here to support you.
yeah sorry my mistake ill start doing that with my linked threads from now on.. i didn’t realise you just posted your new question on the old one, what an idiot!😝
thankyou so much for the reassurance, i think my best bet is to just keep to TGPF.. like you say theres so much information out there that all say different things and it can be so hard to know what to listen too!
thanks again for all the advice and help that has been given to me, i can’t say thankyou enough!

Don’t worry piggymummy03x I can remember being paranoid …..we’re they drinking , eating enough hay etc.
You get to realise that Piggies do drink enough, eat enough and as long as their weight remains stable and you check it weekly along with a brief health check you’re doing the right thing.
TGPF gives all the advice you need in the care guides and everyone here has so much info and experience to share.
So enjoy those lovely piggies 🥰

Don’t worry piggymummy03x I can remember being paranoid …..we’re they drinking , eating enough hay etc.
You get to realise that Piggies do drink enough, eat enough and as long as their weight remains stable and you check it weekly along with a brief health check you’re doing the right thing.
TGPF gives all the advice you need in the care guides and everyone here has so much info and experience to share.
So enjoy those lovely piggies 🥰
thankyou so much!🥰

Back