• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Am I being unkind?

So sorry to hear about Squeaks. It sounds as if he was surrounded by love until he decided to go. Sleep tight little chap ❤️🌈

I am so sorry Sqeaks is gone. You gave him a lovely life. I am glad you found a new friend for him on Tigery to share his final months and be with him at the end. Sleep tight little man x

I am glad you found a new friend for him on Tigery to share his final months and be with him at the end. Sleep tight little man x
Thank you, I'm very glad he found a new wifelet to share his life with too. They seemed to get on well, he certainly was keen when they first got together 💘💕 I wish it had been for longer, but age just charged him down like a herd of angry elephants the last 6 weeks or so. For a piggy that had been healthy (except for the teeth issue) for 7 and a half years, that was difficult.

I went to tuck up Tigery a few minutes ago, it was the first time in 18 months when I was at home but didn't have to think about preparing medicine syringes etc for at least one guinea pig. It was strange...

Tigery seems OK, I guess she had realised and said her goodbyes before I found them this morning. I hope she'll be all right on her own for a bit - she ought to be as she was alone for a year previously.

Squeaks is gone 😪😪😪

Not long since I think, I briefly checked on them at 8am and his ear twitched, but he was curled up where I left him last night. I had a feeling he might go of his own accord overnight as he wasn't interested in food after he had his night time pain meds - all he would eat was his blueberry, which was always his favourite food.

I'm so sad that he didn't have longer with Tigery, and that getting older for him came with so much discomfort from the arthritis. But he is at peace now, running with Zebedee, Rosemary and Winifred.

Farewell, brave boy, you will be loved and remembered for ever xx

🌈
I am so sorry Sqeaks has left for the Rainbiw Bridge, sending big hugs, he will have known just how much you cared and loved him.

Sleep tight little man 🌈

Back