Adopting From Rspca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs P

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right section for this thread so please move if needed. I have been trying to contact our nearest RSPCA which have Guinea Pigs available for adoption (Walsall) for the last couple of months. I've left 3 voicemails, emailed twice and also sent them a Facebook message - this as well as ringing at various times but been no answer. I know they are run by volunteers but wondered if anyone knew when the best time was to ring them? We have a lovely, loving home ready and waiting - I would love to adopt but my little boy is starting to get impatient now
Thanks x

How spooky is that, literally had a call from them 10 mins ago! Potentially adopting 3 piggies (home check pending). So excited :)

How exciting! I adopted Ted and chewy from Walsall RSPCA 6 weeks ago they do an amazing job! Let us know how your home check goes I'm sure everything will be great!

Thank you so much for looking to adopt from the rspca. I volunteer at the Bryn y Maen animal centre in North Wales and I don't think many people know that we have small furries for adoption as well as dogs and cats! It can take time dealing with phone calls and admin( I know from xperience just how 'run off their feet' staff and volunteers often are. So thank you for persevering and I hope all goes well:nod:.

How exciting! I adopted Ted and chewy from Walsall RSPCA 6 weeks ago they do an amazing job! Let us know how your home check goes I'm sure everything will be great!

Thank you! Still waiting to get a date for my home check but will let you know how it goes - bit nervous! Ted & Chewy are gorgeous

Thank you so much for looking to adopt from the rspca. I volunteer at the Bryn y Maen animal centre in North Wales and I don't think many people know that we have small furries for adoption as well as dogs and cats! It can take time dealing with phone calls and admin( I know from xperience just how 'run off their feet' staff and volunteers often are. So thank you for persevering and I hope all goes well:nod:.

I'm so glad I persevered as we really really wanted to adopt Guinea pigs rather than buy some. I do understand, they must be so busy! Looking forward to giving them a good, loving home :)

Thank you! Still waiting to get a date for my home check but will let you know how it goes - bit nervous! Ted & Chewy are gorgeous

Awwwww thank you they are complete nutters!

It's ok too be nervous I know I was! But at the end of the day they are just making sure that the piggies are going to a loving home which I'm sure they are :nod:
Xx

Am sure you will fly through the home check.So pleased you are waiting rather than buying

Not having a traditional home check as there isn't anyone local to me to do it. So having to submit pictures of the hutch/run and the location and information via email. Have submitted it tonight so fingers crossed!

Not having a traditional home check as there isn't anyone local to me to do it. So having to submit pictures of the hutch/run and the location and information via email. Have submitted it tonight so fingers crossed!

i did this with my recent adoptees! I'm sure all will be well! I look forward too pics of your new babies it's such an exciting time!! :clap:

i did this with my recent adoptees! I'm sure all will be well! I look forward too pics of your new babies it's such an exciting time! :clap:

How long did you have to wait for a decision? A lady called Karen is doing my 'virtual' home check. I noticed the piggies I've (hopefully) adopted have gone from the website so fingers crossed. I notice you've adopted some more from Walsall? Hope to see some pics soon :)

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right section for this thread so please move if needed. I have been trying to contact our nearest RSPCA which have Guinea Pigs available for adoption (Walsall) for the last couple of months. I've left 3 voicemails, emailed twice and also sent them a Facebook message - this as well as ringing at various times but been no answer. I know they are run by volunteers but wondered if anyone knew when the best time was to ring them? We have a lovely, loving home ready and waiting - I would love to adopt but my little boy is starting to get impatient now
Thanks x

I am having the same problem... :(

I am having the same problem... :(

:( My only advice is to keep trying, I spent 2 months trying to get in touch but now I'm in the process of adopting 3 piggies so I'm glad I persevered! Good luck x

:( My only advice is to keep trying, I spent 2 months trying to get in touch but now I'm in the process of adopting 3 piggies so I'm glad I persevered! Good luck x

I have been trying for the last two months. Becky did promise to come back to me, but so far she never has... :(

How long did you have to wait for a decision? A lady called Karen is doing my 'virtual' home check. I noticed the piggies I've (hopefully) adopted have gone from the website so fingers crossed. I notice you've adopted some more from Walsall? Hope to see some pics soon :)

I have been trying for the last two months. Becky did promise to come back to me, but so far she never has... :(

@Mrs P mine was overnight but Karen had already seen my home etc when I had a home check for Ted and chewy. I know they are uber busy at the moment but I'm sure it won't take long Karen is lovely and on the ball so I'm sure she will look at your pics as soon as poss. I think I know which 3 you have reserved was it a boy called Harvey and two girls around 5 months old? Yeah we have two new additions who Karen fostered they are confident baby boys full of wheeks and popcorns :D I will have pics soon!

@Wiebke i am speaking to becky tomorrow regarding my foster piggies if you would like me too pass your name and number on?

@Mrs P mine was overnight but Karen had already seen my home etc when I had a home check for Ted and chewy. I know they are uber busy at the moment but I'm sure it won't take long Karen is lovely and on the ball so I'm sure she will look at your pics as soon as poss. I think I know which 3 you have reserved was it a boy called Harvey and two girls around 5 months old? Yeah we have two new additions who Karen fostered they are confident baby boys full of wheeks and popcorns :D I will have pics soon!

@Wiebke i am speaking to becky tomorrow regarding my foster piggies if you would like me too pass your name and number on?

Karen emailed me earlier to say that I had passed the home check! :clap:Only took 24 hours so not too long. Yes, we've adopted Harvey and 2 girls Leto & Iris - the 3 of them are in foster care together with Becky so seemed like it was meant to be to have all 3. Just got to organise collecting them and bringing them home - can't wait! xx

Karen emailed me earlier to say that I had passed the home check! :clap:Only took 24 hours so not too long. Yes, we've adopted Harvey and 2 girls Leto & Iris - the 3 of them are in foster care together with Becky so seemed like it was meant to be to have all 3. Just got to organise collecting them and bringing them home - can't wait! xx

Awwww congrats! I was drooling over Harvey myself but I'm a boar only home! I'm so glad all went well let us know when pick up is!

Awwww congrats! I was drooling over Harvey myself but I'm a boar only home! I'm so glad all went well let us know when pick up is!

I didn't think he'd still be available as he'd been on the website for a while so I was really happy when Becky said he was still available. He was already living with Leto & Iris so nice that they're already a bonded trio. Will keep you posted, I'm so excited - my little boy wants me to pick them up now lol! x

I'm still waiting for a reply about my piggy enquiry in North Wales, don't know if I'll be able to get her at the moment due to the delay! :(

I havent posted on here for a while, however i do read regularly:

Just wanted to let you know i fostered Harry and Howie, they were born here and lived with me until the day before they were rehomed. I hope they are settling in well.

I also have Harvey, Leto and Iris, I am glad they have a home together. Harvey is very confident and cheeky, the girls are a little timid still but improving everyday.

I havent posted on here for a while, however i do read regularly:

Just wanted to let you know i fostered Harry and Howie, they were born here and lived with me until the day before they were rehomed. I hope they are settling in well.

I do apologise you are correct becky did say Vicky :mal: the boys are settling in really well they are now called Kimi and Murray. Very confident for babies I thought but my they can run fast :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back