A special breakfast for Ruby

Swissgreys

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
On Sunday we were sitting down to a relaxing family breakfast when we had the following conversation.
For those of you who are not aware DD1 (dear daughter1) is Ruby’s devoted slave.

DD1: Poor Ruby she is really sad.
Me: She doesn’t sound sad. She is thundering up and down the cage wheeking loudly. I would describe it as mostly annoying.
DD1: No she’s really sad. She knows we are having a special Sunday breakfast and you didin’t make her one.
Me: Well while I would love to make her a special Sunday breakfast, guinea pigs can’t actually have açai bowls.
DD1: But they are vegan and Ruby is vegan.
Me: Yes, but they also have frozen fruit puree and Ruby can’t eat frozen things. We wouldn’t want to hurt her loudly wheeking little mouth would we?
DD1: Don’t worry Ruby I will make you a guinea pig açai bowl.
Me: She doesn’t need an açai bowl she has hay and pellets.

However apparently Ruby does need an açai bowl. The base was mushed pellets with fruit slices.
She loved it.
Apparently I am not very ‘inclusive’ which is why Ruby likes to bite me.
Look out for ‘Recipes by Ruby' (the worlds most over indulged guinea pig) at a bookstore near you very soon.

IMG_2700.webpIMG_2707.webp

Wow Ruby I’m jealous. I’d better not show Percy and Pepper as firstly they’d want them every morning and secondly when I refused to provide such nummies on a daily basis they would want to live with you and DD1 😍.

PS I’ve never even tried them with banana. 🤫

Wow Ruby I’m jealous. I’d better not show Percy and Pepper as firstly they’d want them every morning and secondly when I refused to provide such nummies on a daily basis they would want to live with you and DD1 😍.

PS I’ve never even tried them with banana. 🤫
Banana is literally Ruby's favourite food of all time.
Ever.
She eats the peel or the fruit, and gets it as a very occasional treat.
One time when a bum bath accidentally turned into a full bath we tried to placate Ruby with banana while I dried her and this was her response.
Even when she is wild and furious she will still eat banana.
Ruby Is Very Angry With Me.

Banana is literally Ruby's favourite food of all time.
Ever.
She eats the peel or the fruit, and gets it as a very occasional treat.
One time when a bum bath accidentally turned into a full bath we tried to placate Ruby with banana while I dried her and this was her response.
Even when she is wild and furious she will still eat banana.
Ruby Is Very Angry With Me.
I’d forgotten how funny this was 😂

Blueberries, melon and apple. I sometimes bought those snack packs of melon you could find in Tesco and apparently those were great days. But banana? That was just courgette in disguise.

Which makes me wonder if they didn't like it because it didn't come with that trademark rustling or the fridge door noise that you'd get with their standard dinner.

Back