A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

• Thread starter Thread starter DMS260820
  • Start date Start date
You can get leads & coats, etc. with nervous, anxious, reactive, etc. on them - my dog barks at other dogs especially in the distance and I was tempted to buy her something but we've just been battling it out with dog classes, behaviourists and walking late in the evenings so we don't bump into so many people. She's improved greatly since we adopted her 🐕‍🦺 though :D

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/167...MI1ca-goLUiAMV751QBh3gGTitEAQYBSABEgL9MvD_BwE

Bandana's

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1741695489/yellow-reactive-i-need-space-rescue-dog?click_key=a981dd2c3856d82840795bab9d470e65e24cd3f8:1741695489&click_sum=83cf60d1&external=1&ref=pla_similar_listing_top-1&frs=1

Leads
Amazon.co.uk : nervous dog lead
Thank you. I’m glad your doggie is getting better. ❤️

I've managed to avoid covid for the last 4 years.. tested positive today. I feel awful 😔 everything aches! I've had symptoms since Monday, assumed it was a cold but was testing anyway as a friend of mine tested positive on Thursday. Ugh
I hope you feel better soon ❤️

So I was doing my MIL a favour today and taking her to a hair appointment. Once we got to the parking spaces she realised that she had left her blue badge at home. 🤦🏻‍♀️ and she didn’t have any money 🤦🏻‍♀️.

I said don’t worry I’ll park and I have money for the machine too. 👍🏻👍🏻

Then we got to the machine and it didn’t accept cash you had to have an app 🤦🏻‍♀️. But not to worry I have the app 👍🏻. So I paid the £1.70 on my phone for the hour we would take.

Got back to the car and I have a £70 parking ticket for parking in a loading bay that I didn’t even know was a loading bay! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

I hope my appeal is approved 🤞🤞🏻.

My brother in law is actually a parking inspector (which he hates but he has two kids to feed) so I don’t blame the parking inspector I’m just cross.

My Facebook account has been suspended, loads of larger guinea pig groups on Facebook have been kicked out of existence and all the admins personal accounts suspended, for "fraud and deception"
I dont care if the group doesn't come back, but to lose all my photos, friends who have passed away, memories for the last 15+ years on my personal account is sad, especially when ive actually done nothing wrong! Its the only way I have of contacting a lot of my friends and Facebook being what it is, is being absolutely zero help in figuring out WTF is going on and how to resolve it.

I have of course appealed, and in less than 24 hours I'll either get it back or lose it forever. And being such a serious breach of their community guidelines, I cant create any new accounts either 🫠

My Facebook account has been suspended, loads of larger guinea pig groups on Facebook have been kicked out of existence and all the admins personal accounts suspended, for "fraud and deception"
I dont care if the group doesn't come back, but to lose all my photos, friends who have passed away, memories for the last 15+ years on my personal account is sad, especially when ive actually done nothing wrong! Its the only way I have of contacting a lot of my friends and Facebook being what it is, is being absolutely zero help in figuring out WTF is going on and how to resolve it.

I have of course appealed, and in less than 24 hours I'll either get it back or lose it forever. And being such a serious breach of their community guidelines, I cant create any new accounts either 🫠
Fraud and deception? What the heck do they think a bunch of guinea pig owners are doing that is criminal? 🤬🤬🤬

Fraud and deception? What the heck do they think a bunch of guinea pig owners are doing that is criminal? 🤬🤬🤬

Not a clue!
Even Saskias group is gone, and from what I hear.. her personal profile has gone too. None of us can figure out the link, other than the word "pig" being a problem again but that's nothing to do with fraud 😅

I only look at this thread occasionally and I know people have complained about delivery companies before but I feel so annoyed I just need to get it off my chest.

I ordered something online.
I've ordered from this firm before with no issues.
Got a message yesterday from Evri saying it would be delivered between 17:30 and 19:30
Was out helping at an event and left earlier than I wanted to, to be home in plenty of time.
Just before 19:30 another message: We're still delivering your parcel today but it will be between 19:00 and 21:00
At 20:24 another message saying they were unable to deliver the parcel, together with a photo of the outside of my block of flats showing the stairs up to my flat!
So he wasn't able to get off his bike and ring the bell?
Now they are saying they will attempt delivery again NEXT THURSDAY!
Aaargh!

I was talking to my ex husband about Stripe and the vet costs (we're still friends). He said he wouldn't pay that for a guinea pig, he would just let nature take its course. I assume he meant let Stripe die.

Now you know why we're divorced. This is the man who pretended to be allergic to my brand new rescue cat with FIV that I wanted to help because he was jealous. I couldn't prove it so I had to return the cat.

Needless to say, I left a couple months later. With the hamster he said I could get.

I realize he's from a different culture and they don't really have pets (he's from Jordan) but really.

I ordered something online.
I've ordered from this firm before with no issues.
Got a message yesterday from Evri saying it would be delivered between 17:30 and 19:30
Was out helping at an event and left earlier than I wanted to, to be home in plenty of time.
Just before 19:30 another message: We're still delivering your parcel today but it will be between 19:00 and 21:00
At 20:24 another message saying they were unable to deliver the parcel, together with a photo of the outside of my block of flats showing the stairs up to my flat!
So he wasn't able to get off his bike and ring the bell?
Now they are saying they will attempt delivery again NEXT THURSDAY!
Aaargh!

Update: Following the message saying they would try again next Thurs (3rd Oct) I then got another message yesterday morning saying they would attempt delivery again yesterday evening between 19:00 and 21:00. So that was good, wasn't it?

Well, actually, no, because it still hasn't been delivered and this time I got a photo of what looks like the block behind mine (hard to tell in the dark). Since then nothing. I don't know if they're going to try again today. I mean what's wrong with these people? I live on a main road, the entrance with the name of the block above it is clearly visible. why is this so hard?

Maybe not related,but I absolutely hate it when someone drives behind me with full beam lights on when it's dark. I get so disoriented that I need to slow down, because it's messing with my vision. It's like when you look at a bright light bulb and then you look away, but you still see weird light circles.

The rain.

I'm fed of being drenched to the bone whenever I go anywhere! I'm now sat in wet clothes because of the torrential downpour I got caught in on the way to work. My coat isn't waterproof but it's too warm to get my winter coat out (that isn't fully waterproof anyway) and too cold to just wear my rain coat.

Any recommendations for a waterproof coat, that is decent enough for winter?

Any recommendations for a waterproof coat, that is decent enough for winter?
Can you layer up under your thin raincoat? My summer rain coat has enough room to fit a fleece jumper underneath it.

Its horrible weather isnt it. I have been wearing my waterproof coat, waterproof trousers and using an umbrella(when its not too windy). Not totally dry when I arrive at work/home, but not too bad.

When people just don’t consider you at all!
I moved in with my partner and his dad, and his dad said someone would be painting upstairs today. He failed to mention the man would be opening our bedroom door and painting the inside of it with really strong smelling paint. Bear in mind we both work the night shift so 3 hours sleep and waking up to the awful smell. If anything I just wanted warning so I could move the pigs out, trying to air it out the best I can but it’s just not going well :( not to mention I have a post viral cough and the only way I can breathe properly at the moment is with an inhaler and steroids. Just feels awful

When people just don’t consider you at all!
I moved in with my partner and his dad, and his dad said someone would be painting upstairs today. He failed to mention the man would be opening our bedroom door and painting the inside of it with really strong smelling paint. Bear in mind we both work the night shift so 3 hours sleep and waking up to the awful smell. If anything I just wanted warning so I could move the pigs out, trying to air it out the best I can but it’s just not going well :( not to mention I have a post viral cough and the only way I can breathe properly at the moment is with an inhaler and steroids. Just feels awful
This exact thing today. I politely asked him yesterday to warn us if it’ll happen again so I can move the pigs out. Fuming is not the word

So my lovely car is a write off - due to a driver not paying attention and driving sideways into me ( on the same day my beautiful Bobby died)
I’m so upset, stressed and cross and I wanted to focus on finding my lovely Geoff a new friend but know I’ll have to find a car !
Grrrrrr

I've got the first dreaded cold of this autumn/winter season. I felt pretty bad yesterday but powered through and vicks vaporub and hot water has been my best friend since. Everything settled in my sinuses 6 months ago and had it for 6 weeks plus a course of antibiotics so this time I'm steaming from the off.

Currently my days off are just to do other non work or uni related tasks. There is always something that needs to be done, so it doesn't feel like a day off at all. Always something pops up, so I can't really switch off and unwind even for a little bit. I feel like my brain is fried.

Also someone scared the living daylights out of me, by literally jumping right in front of my car, to cross the street, while I was driving. They just made a run for it, right in front of my moving car. I understand running across the street if the cars are further away from you, but I was very close and they came from the opposite side of the road, hidden between cars, I assume, and I had to slam the brakes. Even the person who was at the passenger seat didn't see them and was wondering where they came from. Thankfully I stopped in time and nothing happened, but seriously who do you think is at fault here? I don't even want to think about what would have happened if I didn't stop in time. I still can't forget that moment.

Back