• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

5 year old sow diagnosed with crippling arthritis, is there any hope?

Thank you guys ❤ We just got back from the vet, they diagnosed her with a UTI so she has baytril 0.17ml x2 daily to add to her cocktail of medication now, poor girl! I would've preferred sulfatrim since Lottie is frail and already has a lowered appetite with gut issues, I did ask for it but the vet said baytril would be better. Of course I got her a side order of fibreplex to go with that, I just hope this helps and she tolerates it well! They also squeezed and cleaned up her burst cyst. Lottie is not a happy camper atm after all that 😂😭

I would perhaps ask your vet for dog loxicom ,at 0.2 to 0.3mgs twice aday,the cat metacam is 2/3rds less active ingredients than dog metacam.there is alot of research papers to suggest that guinea pigs can and do tolerate bigger doses.I'm sorry Lottie is poorly,i hope she recovers soon.:)

Back